Aruba port/shopping/restaurants

suss1234

All the shopping is across the cruise dock.... the entire area is safe... the restaurants I describe are directly behind the shopping...

Rumba Grill behind the renaissance is fantastic.... it's definitely the highest reviewed restaurant downtown....

The Old Fisherman is also within walking distance and it's good...

Just got back from 3 weeks in Aruba... it's amazing

• 3 weeks later...

Iguanna Joe's had excellent jerk chicken sticks.... yum. Just there last week, tourist friendly still, people everywhere, I would be comfortable alone. Here, of all places I'd be comfortable. There is a high end mall two blocks to the right of the cruise ship when facing Iguanna Joes, Versace, Guess and all of 'em. That whole area is tourist friendly.

Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...
All the shopping is across the cruise dock.... the entire area is safe... the restaurants I describe are directly behind the shopping...

Rumba Grill behind the renaissance is fantastic.... it's definitely the highest reviewed restaurant downtown....

The Old Fisherman is also within walking distance and it's good...

Just got back from 3 weeks in Aruba... it's amazing

Would you mind describing Rumba Grill? Is it grilled seafood? Caribbean fare? Anything they're particularly known for?

By 'behind' Rennaissance, you mean the other side of the complex toward the center of downtown?

Did you happen to try Chez Mathilde while you were in Aruba? It's in downtown.

Thanks.

Would you mind describing Rumba Grill? Is it grilled seafood? Caribbean fare? Anything they're particularly known for?

By 'behind' Rennaissance, you mean the other side of the complex toward the center of downtown?

Did you happen to try Chez Mathilde while you were in Aruba? It's in downtown.

Thanks.

Highly second Rumba recommendation; it's a very good place to have lunch. Yes, it's behind the Rennaissance in the center of town.

You know you can google all these restaurant names and pull up their webpages:

http://www.rumba-aruba.com/

Yes, I know I can google.

I was looking for personal recommendations here on this board.

Isn't that okay? Sometimes a cruiser who posts on these boards may suggest something pertinent to a cruiser vs someone who is staying on the island for a week or two. Maybe they went there and got the feeling cruisers were not 'welcomed' or encouraged to dine there. Just a thought......

(I have been to Chez Mathilde website and read the menu. I still would like to hear what individuals here may have had to say.)

Thank you.

Archived