Pedicure

katskritter

My dh and I were curious about the pedicure they offer. We leave on the Valor in just over a week and we had read somewhere that they had a really nice room overlooking the ocean and it was approximately $60 for 90 minutes. The only pedicure on carnival's website I can find to book is 55 minutes long. Is there any other special spa services that aren't offered on the website that you book after you board and do they have a couples pedicure that they offer? Any help is appreciated.

Do not have first hand experience to answer you with but have sailed with others who said this service did not meet up to the price charges.

Personally, I pay $25-$35 for a "spa pedicure" locally and get the best leg and foot massages along with the foot treatments (dead skin removal/moisturizing/hot wax) and nail polishing. For me it makes better sense to do this 1-2 days prior to leaving for the port than to spend the extra $$$ onboard. Leaves me a few extra $$ for other things I'd like to do.

"For me it makes better sense to do this 1-2 days prior to leaving for the port than to spend the extra $$$ onboard. Leaves me a few extra $$ for other things I'd like to do."

I totally agree, and I am a spa junkie. On my Carnival cruises, I have seen many spa specials but not a 90 minute pedicure or a "couples pedicure." Have seen couples massages and many other specials.

At home, I can get a manicure and pedicure for $32-40 plus tip. Haven't seen the need to get a pedicure on the ship, nor has the ship made it such a deal I just couldn't pass it up.

My dh and I were curious about the pedicure they offer. We leave on the Valor in just over a week and we had read somewhere that they had a really nice room overlooking the ocean and it was approximately $60 for 90 minutes. The only pedicure on carnival's website I can find to book is 55 minutes long. Is there any other special spa services that aren't offered on the website that you book after you board and do they have a couples pedicure that they offer? Any help is appreciated.

My DH and I have pedicures together on every ship that we have been on. The splendor had wonderful chairs that overlooked the ocean and we paid approximately $60 for 90minutes and it includes manicure and scalp massage. They offer deals throughout the week where you can pick three items from a list. We have also had haircuts and couple massages.

I, too, get mine at home for $23...this is a spa pedicure and includes the hot wax. I just can't see spending $60 for a pedi, but if it's the experience of just sitting there, relaxing while they do it and looking out over the ocean....well, maybe. Is it $60 for the both of you? Not bad, then.

As others have mentioned, they will offer a variety of specials throughout the week, which I have found occasionally to be a nice deal. But with the aggressive sales pitch I got afterwards, it undid all the relaxation and I left feeling bothered and angry. So I won't bother with the spa anymore! ;)

yes, you can get a pedicure at home for $25-$35, but the 'experience' of the Valor's pedicure service is SOOOOO worth the extra money. i HIGHLY recommend waiting until you get onboard to get your pedicures on the ship.

the pedicure chairs are in a little private nook (two chairs) that overlook the sea, the music is soothing and the service itself it way beyond what we get here at home for $35.

my pedicure cost $65 .... i gave the young lady a $10 tip (not required or even requested) but as i told my husband, the price didn't even matter because the experience was nothing like what we get at home. i'd schedule your couple's pedicure as soon as you get on the ship so you can get the day and time you want.

enjoy!!!

I have to agree. Get your pedicure at home at your usual place. You will be happier with it, for sure. Plus, they try to sell you every foot product known to man (and woman) on a cruise - fairly high pressure. I really don't enjoy that.

Archived