11:45 am flight??

curlimommy

You may be fine with this flight but there is always some risk. Sometimes everything goes very smoothly but sometimes it doesn't from delayed clearance to challenges associated with the number of ships in port. And then there is the size of your ship, how many passengers are getting off and the procedure they use for disembarkation.

You may want to check with the cruise line to see what they recommends.

Keith

It also depends on how many ships are in port that morning. FLL usually has BIG ships in port, this means LOTS of people trying to get out of the port to the airport. There are only so many cabs available. The good thing is that the port is not too far from the airport, you can see the ship's stacks when you taxi down the runway!

If you book this flight, you will want to arrange for luggage tags so that you can be one of the first off of the ship. I don't know which line that you are sailing on, but some will let you carry off your own luggage to get off early (check into that). Good Luck with the plans that you make and have a GREAT cruise! :)

Joe<----Just countin' down the days! :D

Please notice that most people say you "should" be fine. This is the issue here. If all goes well you would be fine. But if there are delays you can miss the plane. That is why they say "should".

I would call the cruise line and see what they recommend. And, then I would look at my other options. If there is a flight say at 12:30 or 1:00 PM that is what I would do. If not you need to evaluate the risk of missing the flight (no matter what that is) versus how late the alternative flight is.

Keith

Our Enchantment cruise arrives back into Ft Lauderdale on a Thursday, I've booked our return flight at 10:10am. We plan to walk off the ship with our luggage when the doors open.

Last year in Miami when we disembarked from Liberty on a weekend day, we had a 10:50am flight. Walked off the ship at 6:30am and were to the airport check-in counter before 7:00am. We were able to get on an 8:50am flight instead. A couple of our shipmates who we knew from this CC board and were getting off the ship the same time we were had actually booked their flight for 8:10am and made it with time to spare. I myself would not actually BOOK a flight that early, but was glad to be able to get on one anyway.

Granted, everything fell into place as it should have on the Liberty cruise. More often than not, I think it does. But things CAN happen and luck might run out at some point. I think the airlines are fairly accommodating if they can be. If they can't be, I'm glad we purchase trip insurance. :D

Archived