Pre Ordering Drink Cards and Services

Pilsner Urquel

Is it less expensive to pre-order drink cards and services to be used aboard or is the cost just the same purchasing on board after you arrive?

Specifically referring to the Rotterdam.

So anxious for the 12/16/09 cruise that I am planning much too early.

Does it make sense to pay before you go?

Thanks.:o

The price of the drink cards, etc., is the same whether you buy them before the cruise or on the cruise.

We have bought the wine cards and have no problems with the house wines.

We like to pre-order the wine card and make reservations for the Pinnacle before we get on the ship -- just a few less things to worry about once on the ship.

Plus we have run into a couple of problems where the Pinnacle was completely sold out on a couple of our cruises.

The cost is the same regardless if purchased in advance or on board. Now on the longer cruises, about half way, they start the sales pitch to purchase cards.

I purchased a cocktail card and coffee card about a month prior to my cruise just to have it waiting on me in the cabin.

There is a small discount on using the card. I like the fact that when ordering a drink, a simple punch of my card and I was done.

It's just what's easier for you.

Happy sailing!!

----------------

Now playing: Eliane Elias - Through The Fire

via FoxyTunes

We like to pre-purchase things to "spread out" the cost of the trip. HOWEVER, we have found that many times when we have done that, it has gotten messed up. Like when we pre-purchased a wine package for dinner, 5 bottles of random wines were delivered to our cabin. When you purchase on board, your wine steward is aware that you have the package and just asks you each night what you want.

Twice when we have pre-purchased bottles of liquor to be in our cabin when we arrived, they were not there. We had a HECK of a time trying to get those bottles, even though we had already paid for them.

So, even though it is nice to pre-purchase, sometimes it hasn't worked out the way we wanted! We still do pre-purchase the liquor for our cabin and hope for the best, but we always wait till we are onboard for the wine package.

Mary

Is it less expensive to pre-order drink cards and services to be used aboard or is the cost just the same purchasing on board after you arrive?

Specifically referring to the Rotterdam.

So anxious for the 12/16/09 cruise that I am planning much too early.

Does it make sense to pay before you go?

Thanks.:o

If you know you are going to use the service then you pay early, You do save a few bucks by paying in advance.

ie: if you want the wine package of a glass a wine a night, U do save by paying in advance. If you not sure if you would drink a glass every night then don't buy it. When you get your tickets they will send a booklet with the pricing of before you arrive and after. Then you decide, if its worth it to you.

The price of the drink cards, etc., is the same whether you buy them before the cruise or on the cruise.

We have bought the wine cards and have no problems with the house wines.

We like to pre-order the wine card and make reservations for the Pinnacle before we get on the ship -- just a few less things to worry about once on the ship.

Plus we have run into a couple of problems where the Pinnacle was completely sold out on a couple of our cruises.

When would be a good night to book Pinnacles. We are going on the Noordam in November.

If you know you are going to use the service then you pay early, You do save a few bucks by paying in advance.

No, as stated in an earlier post, the cost of the cards is the same, whether purchased in advance or on board.

When you get your tickets they will send a booklet with the pricing of before you arrive and after.
I've never seen such a booklet, with two sets of prices. Are you sure you got this from HAL? Anyway, with e-docs, no one will see one from HAL in the future! :p

When would be a good night to book Pinnacles. We are going on the Noordam in November.

You should consider if you have any preference for dining in the Pinnacle on a port day or sea day, or on a formal night vs. smart casual. I would suggest avoiding the final formal night as that is when the dining room is likely to serve steak and lobster. I personally enjoy the dining room on all formal nights.

Archived