cruise next question

49erfan007

To the people who have been on many cruises. So I am going on my Gem sailing in January. I want to purchase 4 cruise next certificates, however they will not all be for me. One will be for my DH and I, and the others 3 will be for each of my grown children. The question I have is; if there is a promo available now, yet I don't book a specific cruise, will I still be able to get the promo. Am I better off booking any cruise or just getting the certificates and then I have four years to book? Thanks for any help

You can use the cruise certificates anytime within 4 years. You will get any promotional offers that are offered at time of booking not what was available at time of purchase of certificate. I used my future cruise certificate this March and got the free drinks package for next year's cruise.

To the people who have been on many cruises. So I am going on my Gem sailing in January. I want to purchase 4 cruise next certificates, however they will not all be for me. One will be for my DH and I, and the others 3 will be for each of my grown children. The question I have is; if there is a promo available now, yet I don't book a specific cruise, will I still be able to get the promo. Am I better off booking any cruise or just getting the certificates and then I have four years to book? Thanks for any help

YES. Regardless if you book you next cruise onboard or not, if you purchase multiple FCC, you will get $125 OBC for each FCC purchased on your cruise.

You can book your future cruise any time in the future (up to 4 years) and apply one FCC per cruise (there have been a few, very limited promotions where they allow you to use multiple FCC on a booking, but I have only seen that once or twice,,,, and for a very short period of time).

YES. Regardless if you book you next cruise onboard or not, if you purchase multiple FCC, you will get $125 OBC for each FCC purchased on your cruise.

You can book your future cruise any time in the future (up to 4 years) and apply one FCC per cruise (there have been a few, very limited promotions where they allow you to use multiple FCC on a booking, but I have only seen that once or twice,,,, and for a very short period of time).

Can I use all 4 FCC for 4 cabins on the same cruise? As we want to do a family cruise

Can I use all 4 FCC for 4 cabins on the same cruise? As we want to do a family cruise

I'm pretty sure it is 1 certificate per cabin. The Cruise Consultant on board will clarify how the booking needs to be made. Also, on my cruise earlier this month, there was an option of buying one certificate and getting the second one free - so 2 certificates for $250 instead of any OBC on the current cruise.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Also, on my cruise earlier this month, there was an option of buying one certificate and getting the second one free - so 2 certificates for $250 instead of any OBC on the current cruise.

That is the same as it has been. If you buy 1 for $250 you get $100 OBC. If you buy 2 for $500, you get $250 OBC, which is the exact same thing as saying buy one get one free, or that you bought 2 for $250.

Edited by LrgPizza

That is the same as it has been. If you buy 1 for $250 you get $100 OBC. If you buy 2 for $500, you get $250 OBC, which is the exact same thing as saying buy one get one free, or that you bought 2 for $250.

Dollar-wise you may be correct, but this is the first time I've seen it advertised as 2 certificates for the $250 and no OBC on the current cruise. Those OBC's can be problematic. We had a FCC OBC not credited on a current cruise and it took months and great frustration to get it corrected. It was a real pain. Best to not deal with OBC particularly for anyone wanting multiple certificates like the OP.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Dollar-wise you may be correct, but this is the first time I've seen it advertised as 2 certificates for the $250 and no OBC on the current cruise. Those OBC's can be problematic. We had a FCC OBC not credited on a current cruise and it took months and great frustration to get it corrected. It was a real pain. Best to not deal with OBC particularly for anyone wanting multiple certificates like the OP.

You're still not getting it. You ARE still getting the OBC. It's used against the $500 certificate purchase. Nothing has changed. You, as a passenger, have been fooled into thinking it's somehow different.

The reason it has changed from $100 instant OBC to $250 for TWO FCC is that nobody really needs the OBC with the current UBP and other perks. And actually, if you do only want to purchase 1 FCC you still can and receive the $100 OBC (but the other deal is better). PLUS, you will receive one of the four promos REGARDLESS if it is offered ever again on the future date you sail and if you book on Escape or Getaway you receive TWO of the choices. Our whole family (4 cabins) booked this on the Getaway this past weekend.

You're still not getting it. You ARE still getting the OBC. It's used against the $500 certificate purchase. Nothing has changed. You, as a passenger, have been fooled into thinking it's somehow different.

Ok. Obviously I didn't buy one this time. I stay away from the obc's after our bad experience on the Dawn.

The reason it has changed from $100 instant OBC to $250 for TWO FCC is that nobody really needs the OBC with the current UBP and other perks.

Please read the post above yours again.

Even though the sales pitch/ad copy might have changed, the process has not. You still get OBC just like before and the OBC is immediately used when you purchase a FCR, just like before. Only difference is that the person making the purchase does not need to do basic math anymore.

Also the rest of your sentence is over-generalizing. Just because you don't need OBC to use, does not mean that other people wouldn't. But that is really irrelevant as there is no extra OBC coming from this process, just like there wasn't before.

Edited by Demonyte

The reason it has changed from $100 instant OBC to $250 for TWO FCC is that nobody really needs the OBC with the current UBP and other perks. And actually, if you do only want to purchase 1 FCC you still can and receive the $100 OBC (but the other deal is better). PLUS, you will receive one of the four promos REGARDLESS if it is offered ever again on the future date you sail and if you book on Escape or Getaway you receive TWO of the choices. Our whole family (4 cabins) booked this on the Getaway this past weekend.

That is exactly what I was looking at, booking the Escape for our whole family, also 4 cabins, and getting the extra promos. I am so glad you just posted this, thanks....you just made my night :):)

Yes. It is one certificate per cabin.
They are currently allowing two deposits per cabin, for cruises through February 2016. It doesn't sound like this will help the OP, but for anyone else who is planning to sail last minute and has FCRs/CN deposits to use up, this is a good deal! Again, you have to cruise between now and February.

They are currently allowing two deposits per cabin, for cruises through February 2016. It doesn't sound like this will help the OP, but for anyone else who is planning to sail last minute and has FCRs/CN deposits to use up, this is a good deal! Again, you have to cruise between now and February.

Yes our family cruise won't be until 2017, as my daughter just gave birth to her first baby. We want him to be 2 years old, too much stuff to bring for an infant :D