DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

They probably wouldn't have had to eliminate Gold members from the party if the Gold, Platinum, & Diamond members were the only ones that had been allowed into the party.

That all could have been solved by simply asking to see the invitation or S&S card. Instead the decided to alienate and probably drive away a whole group of cruisers.

That all could have been solved by simply asking to see the invitation or S&S card. Instead the decided to alienate and probably drive away a whole group of cruisers.

Yes, I agree with this. We're Platinum, but we have friends who are gold & I'm sure they are po'd/

Sorry, but personally I don't believe that (whereas on NCL it is true). If Carnival had people here they would make it well know with a screen name such as CCL Customer Service or something. Not for one minute do I believe Carnival has official "lurkers".

CCL's official "lurker" is CCLMischelle. She's responded on post in the past when people have had a problem.

She's also recently posted a new FAQ section on this forum.

Yes, I agree with this. We're Platinum, but we have friends who are gold & I'm sure they are po'd/

We are only 4 cruises in on this thing. If it weren't for the fact that Carnival is cheapest and has the route we want to go when we can cruise we would have no issue starting over.

So??? Are that many people really upset with the loss of a free beer or two? :confused:

Once a smuggler, always a smuggler, eh? :rolleyes:

Indeed I am a smuggler. When a liter of booze that should be ten bucks sells for 8 times that amount at 80 dollars, I bring my own. I do buy a few buckets of beer here and there and spent 3500 dollars on my room for 4 people so Carnival is making a fair amount of money off of me. Also I have introduced a number of people to Carnival that have cruised with me that have since returned on their own so that has value also. There was a day when Carnival somehow managed to allow all past guests to go to the party so I don't buy the excuse that it is too crowded. I accept it is their right to do what they want and I will compensate as best I can.

Sorry, but personally I don't believe that (whereas on NCL it is true). If Carnival had people here they would make it well know with a screen name such as CCL Customer Service or something. Not for one minute do I believe Carnival has official "lurkers".

you mean like CCLMischelle? carnival's 'official lurker', or rather 'online community manager', who has been a member since 2001? the one who posted a thread about the new faq the day before yesterday:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2214751

sorry, but you're wrong on this one. you better believe it! :)

Indeed I am a smuggler. When a liter of booze that should be ten bucks sells for 8 times that amount at 80 dollars, I bring my own. I do buy a few buckets of beer here and there and spent 3500 dollars on my room for 4 people so Carnival is making a fair amount of money off of me. Also I have introduced a number of people to Carnival that have cruised with me that have since returned on their own so that has value also. There was a day when Carnival somehow managed to allow all past guests to go to the party so I don't buy the excuse that it is too crowded. I accept it is their right to do what they want and I will compensate as best I can.

Be careful "the cannot break Carnival rules people" will not be happy with you.

Dont think they made the right decision with the past guest parties. No reason they could not have 3 if necessary and if they checked invitations at the door lot of people would not be there.

the people giving away the silly beads could easily watch for invitations.

While I do believe they should be checking invitations at the door, the problem could have been more easily corrected if people simply policed themselves and do the right thing instead of seeing what they could get away with. They haven't come close to alienating or driving away a whole group of cruisers because many, if not most Golds couldn't care less that we are no longer invited to the party.

CCL's official "lurker" is CCLMischelle. She's responded on post in the past when people have had a problem.

She's also recently posted a new FAQ section on this forum.

Okay, so if we have an official CCL lurker, why is it that nothing that I have seen complaintwise on this board has changed the way Carnival does business? Is she bad at her job or what I contend that CCL really doesn't give a hoot about these board? They already have other "official" avenues for complaints without all the drama.

BTW, I will correct one aspect as I did for the first time yesterday see a post from CCLMischelle. So, if Carnival is going to waste the time and money to have someone read these boards (though it still seems to not matter) why don't they respond? 114 posts in something like 14 years is not encouraging whatsoever and so many threads could have been to rest without fights and such by a simply statement or the ability to query CCLMischelle?

Edited by Out to sea!

Do the rationalizations help you sleep at night?

Okay, so if we have an official CCL lurker, why is it that nothing that I have seen complaintwise on this board has changed the way Carnival does business? Is she bad at her job or what I contend that CCL really doesn't give a hoot about these board? They already have other "official" avenues for complaints without all the drama.

BTW, I will correct one aspect as I did for the first time yesterday see a post from CCLMischelle. So, if Carnival is going to waste the time and money to have someone read these boards (though it still seems to not matter) why don't they respond? 114 posts in something like 14 years is not encouraging whatsoever and so many threads could have been to rest without fights and such by a simply statement or the ability to query CCLMischelle?

You could just ask JH.

As a Platinum member, married to a gold member, he will not be allowed to go with me. I have traveled many of my cruises solo, so this will not bother me to attend alone. However, there are many women as well as men, who would not go to the party alone. Many would like to be able to get up there and dance with their partners during the party. Is that wrong to want? I wonder why the invitation could not have been for the platinum +1 guess? I appreciate the party, but i hope they will eventually change it where 1 partner will be allowed.

The reason "nothing has changed" is because 99% of the complaints here are so insignificant and self-important that no respectable professional would consider them worthy of reporting. To me, thats doing their job quite well.

The reason for no response is a person could spend 24 hours a day sparring with the disgruntled who have more time on their hands than sense.

Logic and reason will never stop those with their personal axe to grind. We all know who they are - and so do they. Just watch, you'll see.

Interesting to think about, the effect of social media on businesses' decisions. I know they are watching here pretty routinely. As I check here daily and follow John Heald' s Facebook page, I can tell you that he does polls all the time about various things like do you like singing waiters in the MDR. The thing is, there is often a striking parallel between what he puts on his page and what is currently being discussed here.

I'm pretty sure they are at least interested enough in what is said here to at least ask a wider customer base what they think. I agree that it does not necessarily lead to a definitive policy change that can be linked back to here. Interesting aside, NCL recently started charging a fee for room service and then made a policy that no food could be brought to your room from restraints or buffets. The public pretty much had a cow via posts here, on their Facebook page, and who knows where else. They retracted the policy about bring food back within 2 weeks. So, they are listening, and if enough people are mad enough, you might see a change.

Interesting to think about, the effect of social media on businesses' decisions. I know they are watching here pretty routinely. As I check here daily and follow John Heald' s Facebook page, I can tell you that he does polls all the time about various things like do you like singing waiters in the MDR. The thing is, there is often a striking parallel between what he puts on his page and what is currently being discussed here.

I'm pretty sure they are at least interested enough in what is said here to at least ask a wider customer base what they think. I agree that it does not necessarily lead to a definitive policy change that can be linked back to here. Interesting aside, NCL recently started charging a fee for room service and then made a policy that no food could be brought to your room from restraints or buffets. The public pretty much had a cow via posts here, on their Facebook page, and who knows where else. They retracted the policy about bring food back within 2 weeks. So, they are listening, and if enough people are mad enough, you might see a change.

very good post

The official word just came from John (of course really from the Beards)... After someone asked him if a spouse or only one other person traveling with a Diamond or Platinum passenger can also attend the Past Guest Party...

John Heald I did indeed speak with the senior beards and they are saying that it is only for VIFPs and not for those they are traveling with. You see this way it remains a very exclusive party and especially with the new format, food and drinks we will serve it needs to be so. I think this is something that we will have to look at carefully bit for now that is the rule

I'll let you guys all know in about a week as I'm on the May 16th Glory, first sailing where this is suppose to start...

That's really disappointing..I don't want to go to a party without my husband! Maybe that is their plan...many will not want to attend with out their travel companion so less free drinks they will have to provide..:(

As a Platinum member, married to a gold member, he will not be allowed to go with me. I have traveled many of my cruises solo, so this will not bother me to attend alone. However, there are many women as well as men, who would not go to the party alone. Many would like to be able to get up there and dance with their partners during the party. Is that wrong to want? I wonder why the invitation could not have been for the platinum +1 guess? I appreciate the party, but i hope they will eventually change it where 1 partner will be allowed.

That's the common sense answer, and easy for crew to police at the door. We're in the same category, I'm Platinum and my wife is Gold.

Not a deal breaker, I simply won't attend. Thank goodness she gets to tag along for the early boarding, tenders, and debarkation! That is a perk that we have enjoyed for the last three cruises.

Depending on the Ship......( we just sailed on the Valor), they may or may not even ask you for the invitations!!:confused: So, I would say, take your S/O to the party, and enjoy. BTW, the drinks, and apps were still basically the same as before, when it was a G/P/D PG Party.

On the Valor last week, there were Gold, Platinum and one Diamond couple at the P/D PG Party.:cool: At the door, all the staff did was pass out beads, didn't even want (or care) to see the invitations??:confused:

The reason "nothing has changed" is because 99% of the complaints here are so insignificant and self-important that no respectable professional would consider them worthy of reporting. To me, thats doing their job quite well.

The reason for no response is a person could spend 24 hours a day sparring with the disgruntled who have more time on their hands than sense.

Logic and reason will never stop those with their personal axe to grind. We all know who they are - and so do they. Just watch, you'll see.

When you express your opinions to cruise lines via social media, it's generally your first and last name via Facebook.

Yes, I suppose tou can use an alias, but if you are an actual cruiser who pays good money, it would tend to carry far more weight with Management than the slings and arrows post under anonymity here.

Not true last week on Freedom. Plat/ Dia roommate could attend per Guest Services Sup & we had no problem. Wife @ I were both Plat, had 2 cabins on pack & play were able to take guest from each room both 1st timers on Carnival. Only 125-150 @ party, maybe they look @ # of P&D on the cruise.

Not true last week on Freedom. Plat/ Dia roommate could attend per Guest Services Sup & we had no problem. Wife @ I were both Plat, had 2 cabins on pack & play were able to take guest from each room both 1st timers on Carnival. Only 125-150 @ party, maybe they look @ # of P&D on the cruise.

Actually I think they interpret the "rules" different on each ship.