Breakaway...room change once on board

ginaf

We are a party of 13 people with a total of 5 rooms. We booked one inside cabin with only two passengers but the room hold 4 people. Our plan is to move 2 guests out of one of the balcony rooms into the inside cabin. I want to make sure all the account charge info moves with the guest once I move them into the new room.

My plan is to check in at pier with all the correct info as booked. Then once on board switch the two into the inside cabin. Each of those two guests have different credit cards attached to their account.

My questions

Is there a way of setting this up before we board?

Can I set up different credit cards for each guest before we board? (I'm taking my nephew and my sister in law wants to set up the account before we leave since I won't have her card at pier)

Thanks in advance !!

wow... when are you cruising so I don't get behind you at Guest Services?? LOL

An actual credit card is required to accept charges (they swipe it).... that will be an issue if your SIL doesn't give you the card.

There may be age issues as well if the people being moved around are under 21 (NCL's minimum cabin age)

https://www.ncl.com/faq%2523age-requirements

Edited by esm54687

We always travel Inside but there are only 2 of us. Personally I wouldn't like to be 2 of 4 people in an Inside room. We fill the draws and wardrobe and have lots of 'stuff' round the cabin and bathroom; 4 people "help"!!

You most likely can't officially move people from one cabin to another, but you can get extra key cards for them to access the inside cabin. When you do that, they will have two key cards: one for their official cabin (this is the one with their onboard account) and another that is good only for accessing the inside cabin they'd be sleeping in.

You must remember to go to what NCL laughingly calls Guest Service on the Breakaway. You can get extra key cards to access the different rooms as long as the guests are there to verify. Over 30 cruises, the Guest Service personell are way off the scale as being UNHELPFUL. Besides time waiting in line and I will check (which they never did) and wrong info, Guest Service was a real challenge.

Traveled with 5 people in two rooms twice.

Everyone gives their own credit card to attach to their room key at check in.

We then go to guest services once we're on board to get extra room keys for each room. It has been quick and easy both times for us. Once on the Gem and once on the breakaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traveled with 5 people in two rooms twice.

Everyone gives their own credit card to attach to their room key at check in.

We then go to guest services once we're on board to get extra room keys for each room. It has been quick and easy both times for us. Once on the Gem and once on the breakaway.

So you actually don't change rooms "officially", you just get the extra keys to gain access to the room you're sleeping in and use the original key for charges? That makes logical sense.... do the extra room keys have the original persons name, etc?

But what would you do if 1 of the 5 doesn't have a credit card (OP's nephew is travelling and using his mother's credit card who is not travelling).... can't attach that to the key without physically handing them the credit card which the OP mentioned they would not have...

Edited by esm54687

The extra keys we got were blank.

You do need to have a credit card with you. Maybe the nephews mom can make her son a signer on her account and get him a card??? I did that with my kids when they were 16 to buy gas for the cars. Otherwise someone on the ship would need to give their card for him. Or buy gift cards to cover his account.

The extra keys we got were blank.

Thanks..... I worked in Security for a hotel and the minute we gave a second key out, the system shut off the first (for safety and security)