Princess Transfer in Anchorage

99Cruiser

I'm flying into Anchorage on a redeye and land around 4AM and paid for a Princess transfer to Whitter. I've read it takes between an hour and half and two hours to get from Anchorage to Whitter and since we don't board until early afternoon does anyone know what Princess does for their passengers? Will they take us early and we just sit around the port until it's time to board? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did they give you a time that your transfer will depart? I'm guessing it'll be after noon.

If it was me, I'd skip the Princess transfer. Take a cab to the Alaska Railroad depot downtown and take the Glacier Discovery train to Whittier. Do a Prince William Sound glacier cruise. They'll have you back in time to board your ship that evening.

I cancelled my transfer and booked the train. The train gets to Whitter at noon and we can board at 12:30. I'll most likely board and drop off my carry on and such then go out and do something

Whittier is pretty tiny with almost nothing in town. I'd recommend either booking a glacier cruise, kayaking trip or fishing trip. Or if you'd like a good hike: http://akstafford.blogspot.com/2016/07/portage-pass-trail-to-portage-glacier.html

I cancelled my transfer and booked the train. The train gets to Whitter at noon and we can board at 12:30. I'll most likely board and drop off my carry on and such then go out and do something

Much better choice. The first Princess bus doesn't depart the airport until noon.

The glacier cruises are amazing in Whittier. Will get you back to the ship in time to board.

Did they give you a time that your transfer will depart? I'm guessing it'll be after noon.

If it was me, I'd skip the Princess transfer. Take a cab to the Alaska Railroad depot downtown and take the Glacier Discovery train to Whittier. Do a Prince William Sound glacier cruise. They'll have you back in time to board your ship that evening.

I have to agree with this advice. The Prince William Sound glacier tours are magnificent.

Whittier is pretty tiny with almost nothing in town. I'd recommend either booking a glacier cruise, kayaking trip or fishing trip. Or if you'd like a good hike: http://akstafford.blogspot.com/2016/07/portage-pass-trail-to-portage-glacier.html

Yeah. Exactly right. There's nothing in town.

Check out these guys too. I haven't used them, but know some folks who have. They pick up at the airport and all the major hotels. They have a wildlife tour option that looks pretty good. Good luck!

https://alaskacruisetransfer.com

Especially for some people who see little of mainland Alaska, the last thing I'd suggest is heading to the cruise ship. There are numerous options to consider, if of interest. I too agree a Prince William Sound boat tour is TOP choice that I continue to repeat over and over. :) Simply excellent. And especially with all the claims of wanting glacier glacier viewing- this is a superb opportuiity.