Looking for advice on cabin decks for Liberty of the Seas

Hi There,

I have a group of 5 total family members that are looking to book a Liberty of the Seas cruise in May 2018. We want three total rooms, 1 balcony, and 2 interior rooms with the goal of having the rooms somewhat close to each other.

So my question is are there any certain areas of the ship to avoid booking a room? For example, we have the option to book the most "forward" room on deck 10, but don't want our room to be next to a noisy night club, common area or service area. I've been reviewing deck plans the best I can, but it can be hard to understand what the blank areas are, or what could be immediately above or below a room.

I plan to bring a fan and maybe a white noise device just to be safe, but I appreciate any tips or advice you experience folks can relay. Thanks!

We like deck 6 because it is an easy walk down to decks 4 and 5 where we spend most of our time. Consider a balcony and two inside promenade staterooms. The inside promenade rooms are a bit larger than a standard interior and have a window looking out over the Royal Promenade. We also prefer close access to the mid-ship elevators for ease of getting to the main dining rooms, Windjammer and Diamond Lounge,

Thanks you guys! Good to hear confirmation. I went ahead and shied away from deck 10 because our room would have been under the fitness area. I've heard a few complaints about early morning treadmills making their presence known. Currently looking at deck 9 bow area

You can't go wrong with deck #9 mid-aft.... Always our favorite location when we've been on Liberty and had many choices to consider.

We like deck 6 because it is an easy walk down to decks 4 and 5 where we spend most of our time. Consider a balcony and two inside promenade staterooms. The inside promenade rooms are a bit larger than a standard interior and have a window looking out over the Royal Promenade. We also prefer close access to the mid-ship elevators for ease of getting to the main dining rooms, Windjammer and Diamond Lounge,

+1 for deck 6. We have done what you describe several times when our teen kids were sailing with us on Voyager and Freedom class ships. We get a "hump" balcony and then insides nearby. We like the hump for the added privacy and also for the location near the stairs and elevators. It is a quick walk down one flight to the promenade and dining room. We have gotten both promenade and standard insides for the kids. They actually preferred the standard inside because they did not like the window to the inside. We never had any noise issues with the exception that our daughter thought the promenade view cabin was noisy.

+1 for deck 6. We have done what you describe several times when our teen kids were sailing with us on Voyager and Freedom class ships. We get a "hump" balcony and then insides nearby. We like the hump for the added privacy and also for the location near the stairs and elevators. It is a quick walk down one flight to the promenade and dining room. We have gotten both promenade and standard insides for the kids. They actually preferred the standard inside because they did not like the window to the inside. We never had any noise issues with the exception that our daughter thought the promenade view cabin was noisy.

We've also stayed on 6, near the hump, and loved how quick we could get down to 5 (Promanade) for drinks or snacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good idea to book now, especially when you have specific types and locations of cabins.

Deck 10 forward might be under the gym, which I suspect would be very noisy. I'd stay away from deck 10.

As others have said, try for deck 7, 8, or 9.

Deck 6 is OK, except if you are above the English pub and Derek Lewis is there, don't expect to get any sleep before midnight.

Best to have another cabin above and below you.

Some inside rooms are "promenade view" on decks 6, 7, and 8 -- these are a little more expensive.

One cabin, 6305, is called the Ben and Jerry Sweet.

It has a view of the cow over Ben and Jerry's (deck 5), but guests there do get free ice cream.

There are some fairly new cabins on deck 12 foward, but again these are over the gym and might be noisy.

Anyone know for sure?

Personally, I like deck 6 near the back elevators (which are really more in the middle of the ship).

I've never heard noise being over the dining room, especially since only deck 3 is open for breakfast.

You said there are 5 in your family. If one of the cabins has one person, that person will pay almost double.

Depending on their ages, one cabin with an upper pullman bed might work.