Are we crazy?

nursey000

Going on the Splendor Jan 17, ten of us. We are flying into Orlando the 15th due to about 300to 500 dollar savings per couple. We have timeshare at Orange lake. Our thoughts are to rent a couple of cars, spend 2 nights in Orlando then drive to Port at about 8 am Sun. We dont care if we get on board early and cant find RCI exchange that fits 10 in Miami. Is this doable? Our first time out of Miami?

Going on the Splendor Jan 17, ten of us. We are flying into Orlando the 15th due to about 300to 500 dollar savings per couple. We have timeshare at Orange lake. Our thoughts are to rent a couple of cars, spend 2 nights in Orlando then drive to Port at about 8 am Sun. We dont care if we get on board early and cant find RCI exchange that fits 10 in Miami. Is this doable? Our first time out of Miami?

Orange Lake to Port of Miami is approximately a 4 hour drive. Given that you will need to return your cars and then get transportation to the port, I would leave for Port of Miami around 7 am not 8 am to time your arrival to around 11 am. That should give you plenty of wiggle room if you run into traffic (Sunday shouldn't be too bad) or it takes a while turning in the cars and getting transportation from the rental agency to the port.

What is the price difference flying into MCO & the rental car cost VS flying into MIA & taking a couple of taxis to POM & a hotel for the night before

Taxi is $27 flat rate plus tip to help you figure out the best options

Edited by LHT28

it is 450 per couple to fly in to Orlando and 600- 800 flying into Miami. Rental car is 89. Our condo is 209. We are sharing the rental car costs and condo. So its 700 + cheaper. Plus there is no direct flights from Springfield mo to Miami. It is 5- 6 hr flight with layover.

That sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

No, timeshare isn't popular in South Florida like it is in Orlando so you'll have a hard time finding one during a peak time like that.

I'd take the money you've saved and not stay in Orlando but drive south and stay in Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

Also, our average daily high is about ten degrees warmer down here than Orlando.

That sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

No, timeshare isn't popular in South Florida like it is in Orlando so you'll have a hard time finding one during a peak time like that.

I'd take the money you've saved and not stay in Orlando but drive south and stay in Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

Also, our average daily high is about ten degrees warmer down here than Orlando.

huh? They already have a place to stay don't they ...

We have timeshare at Orange lake.

all they are asking about is the drive I believe .......

I live near Canaveral so my drive distance is similar. When I drive for a same day sailing from Miami I leave around 6 ... YES this is EARLY but leaves contingency time for (as others have said) flat tires and the like ..... better to be early and sitting on your thumbs then to be worried as you watch the clock tic down "will we make it"

Edited by Capt_BJ

Thanks guys, I knew I could get help here. The money isnt the only thing. Its the flight time 5-6 hours verses 3. Plus we want to stay together and out 3 bedroom condo lets us. I guess I just have to be drill sargent and kick everyone out of bed at 5 am. All but 2 can nap on the way. And then the other 2 can nap on the ship.If we get to the port early, we might get on early!