Live From - 5/22 and 6/1/15 Golden Alaska

ccrain

What is that all about?

Three people sit on chairs and play the part of the slots. They reach into a bag simultaneously and pull out a fruit or corn, while the player pulls down the arm of the host. If they all match, they roll a dice to see which one of 6 prizes they get.

Sounds like it was a wonderful cruise. Thanks for taking time to do the live from. So glad Ally had a fabulous experience and that the staff was so supportive--no surprise on Princess but like you, it's one thing that keeps us coming back. I'm doing the British Isles cruise with my granddaughter in Juky, and can't wait for that experience with her! Safe travels home.

Thank you so much for taking us along on your cruise. I left my iPad Safari set to your thread and checked it almost everyday. I live a couple hours east of SF, so hope to take another Princess cruise from there in the next year. Joan

Beautifully done! It was great to meet you and your wife and ally at zumba on the first leg. Your wife and i had a nice chat while waiting for tje late instructor. Thanks for taking the time to author this post. Hoping the pcd (post cruise depression) stays at bay!

Thank you for taking all of us along! For those of us who are waiting our turn or just can't afford or are working too many hours, it is grand to come here and read and pretend you are along. I felt I was was there with you. Very nice! Thanks for spending your special time to keep your fans in touch!!

Beautifully done! It was great to meet you and your wife and ally at zumba on the first leg. Your wife and i had a nice chat while waiting for tje late instructor. Thanks for taking the time to author this post. Hoping the pcd (post cruise depression) stays at bay!

Put out the little card and no one cleans the house!

Darn!

We did the transfer to SFO. Gold 1 was our color. We were called at about 0845, and got our luggage and loaded onto a bus by 0905. Construction on the streets around the stadium delayed our trip, so it took 45 minutes to get to SFO. United was the drivers last stop. Because we are premier and had Pre-Check, we got on onto the concourse through security by 10:35. The normal lines were much longer.

Assume they were 30 minutes longer, some could have made a 1200 flight. Since ours was at 1300, it was ok.

BTW, the Taxi line was moving quite well. You can do cab, and we could have, but it would have had to be a large cab for all of our luggage, if you get off the first independent group (Red One). The walk offs (1-5) didn't appear to load up the taxi line at all.

but I do know based on last weeks disembarkation, the taxi line at 1000 was pretty long...

Thank you for sharing. My grandmother took me on my first cruise when I was Ally's age and I still remember it 27 year later. It brought back very fond memories for me. Thank you ! :)

Finally get to go my 2nd cruise on the Golden next month.

• 2 weeks later...
Ha! Our flight is at 11:55 and I'm not worried at all.

Mike

We've just been advised that our flight has been changed from 12.30 to 11.10.....does anyone think that this will be a problem? Don't want to worry but having never missed a flight yet, I don't want this to be the first!

We've just been advised that our flight has been changed from 12.30 to 11.10.....does anyone think that this will be a problem? Don't want to worry but having never missed a flight yet, I don't want this to be the first!

Are you able to handle your own luggage and be able to walk off in one of the first groups and take a taxi? If so, I don't think you will have any problems.

If you are dependent on luggage claim and a Princess transfer then I would not recommend it.

Mike:)

Thanks Mike

We could easily take our own luggage.....so should it be a problem. I had planned to chat to the concierge desk once on board to see if we could be streamlined off..... This is the first leg back of our international flight, and is going to be quite expensive to change....

Thanks Mike

We could easily take our own luggage.....so should it be a problem. I had planned to chat to the concierge desk once on board to see if we could be streamlined off..... This is the first leg back of our international flight, and is going to be quite expensive to change....

Good idea. You can request to be in the first walk-off group (which is what we do) and grab a taxi to be at the airport before the crowds.

Mike:)