ms Zaandam/Thermal suite?

OldBoot

Yes -- but it is not like the ones on the Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Koningsdam.

It is just a whirlpool like the ones around the pools. Holds very few people. The heated loungers are right by it.

I don't have first hand experience for the Zaandam, but if it is exactly like the S Class ships' and the Rotterdam's Greenhouse Spa, the "whirlpool" is NOT a whirlpool. It is nothing more than a "hot tub" that seats no more than 4 at a time, comfortably. The heated loungers are next to it as KK said.

I am confused about the difference. I take it the tubs on the larger ships are roomier? Is there another difference?

Yes, the T-pool is larger than a hot tub, but there are a few other differences.

Foremost, in a T-pool the water is supposed to be body temperature, while in a hot tub it is, well, hot. The T-pool is safer for people with heart conditions, who shouldn't be in hot tubs.

T-pool water has lots of minerals in it, which a hot tub typically doesn't have.

The T-pool has areas with different strengths of pressure forced out, which is great if there's a problem spot that needs a little massaging.

The T-pools tend to have a lounging area where you can just lie back, soak, and relax. Divine!

I love the T-pools, and typically sign up for the package for the length of the cruise. On the ships with just a hot tub? I save my money for something else.

Yes, the T-pool is larger than a hot tub, but there are a few other differences.

Foremost, in a T-pool the water is supposed to be body temperature, while in a hot tub it is, well, hot. The T-pool is safer for people with heart conditions, who shouldn't be in hot tubs.

T-pool water has lots of minerals in it, which a hot tub typically doesn't have.

The T-pool has areas with different strengths of pressure forced out, which is great if there's a problem spot that needs a little massaging.

The T-pools tend to have a lounging area where you can just lie back, soak, and relax. Divine!

I love the T-pools, and typically sign up for the package for the length of the cruise. On the ships with just a hot tub? I save my money for something else.

Thank you RuthC. We are headed for a cruise around Cape Horn which can be cold and windy. I was thinking a Thermal Pass would be so nice.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

A 100% accurate description of the difference between the "hot tub" and the "hydrotherapy pool"!

I also have a South America/Antarctica cruise booked on the Zaandam this year. A hydrotherapy type pool would be enjoyable. I'll check the Spa out when I board, but the "hot tub" without the "bubbly, bubbly" action will not be booked by me. It's just NOT the same!