Coming back to RCI after a long break..so questions

We did some nice trips on the Serenade of the Seas but then we tried Celebrity in the Med and loved it more. Then came a trip on the Allure to experience the Mega Ship thing and were not at all happy so we have just been doing Celebrity for the past 4 years. On the Millennium now in the East China Sea and looking at Norway for 2018. RCI (Independence of the Sea) has a better itinerary for us and the cost is $2700 less per couple so we are going for it. That said,

1.How much has RCI declined over the past 6 years?

2. We are now Elite on Celebrity so what does that equate to on RCI? I know they cross honor but I don't know the level exhanges going from X to RCI.

3. If your cabin mate is not the same Captains Club level as you can he/she ride your coat tails into Elite level events?

4. Finally, anything special we need to be aware of besides the $7.95 room service charge? Specialty Dining packages? Internet packages? Booking games? I think we got a reasonable price on the booking and X is throwing in some OBC for booking onboard and transfering to our TA should cover grats.....but anything else?

We did some nice trips on the Serenade of the Seas but then we tried Celebrity in the Med and loved it more. Then came a trip on the Allure to experience the Mega Ship thing and were not at all happy so we have just been doing Celebrity for the past 4 years. On the Millennium now in the East China Sea and looking at Norway for 2018. RCI (Independence of the Sea) has a better itinerary for us and the cost is $2700 less per couple so we are going for it. That said,

1.How much has RCI declined over the past 6 years? Quite a bit, especially in food quality and high drink costs.

2. We are now Elite on Celebrity so what does that equate to on RCI? I know they cross honor but I don't know the level exhanges going from X to RCI. You will be Diamond on RCI.

3. If your cabin mate is not the same Captains Club level as you can he/she ride your coat tails into Elite level events? No, not on RCI. You will receive 3 free drinks on your Seapass card for any bar, (during the cocktail hours) since guests may not visit the Diamond lounges

4. Finally, anything special we need to be aware of besides the $7.95 room service charge? Specialty Dining packages? Internet packages? Booking games? I think we got a reasonable price on the booking and X is throwing in some OBC for booking onboard and transfering to our TA should cover grats.....but anything else?

Enjoy your cruise.

... 4. Finally, anything special we need to be aware of besides the $7.95 room service charge? Specialty Dining packages? Internet packages? Booking games? I think we got a reasonable price on the booking and X is throwing in some OBC for booking onboard and transfering to our TA should cover grats.....but anything else?

If you see a discount on internet in your Cruise Planner, that discount is usually a better deal that what you will find onboard with your Diamond discount. Also, Royal is now giving us the opportunity to use OBC for pre-cruise purchases.

If you see a discount on internet in your Cruise Planner, that discount is usually a better deal that what you will find onboard with your Diamond discount.

Thanks so much for this tidbit! I had been wondering about that. Like the OP, it's been awhile since I've sailed Royal Caribbean and I have forgotten a lot of the ins and outs.

Regarding Diamond Status: the 3 free drinks that are loaded on your seapass for use during cocktail hours... can you get any kind of drink you like... for example, Bellini, Mojito, etc? (yn)

Regarding Diamond Status: the 3 free drinks that are loaded on your seapass for use during cocktail hours... can you get any kind of drink you like... for example, Bellini, Mojito, etc? (yn)

No, you can only get the same basic cocktails you can get in the Diamond Lounge. No frozen or blender drinks.