Does the splendor have the american table menu?

Lightning90

As of this sailing she has the old menus.

She did not get the new table tops in her recent dry dock.

On 3/24/16 it was announce the Miracle and Sunshine would now begin the AT but there was no further information on the continuation of the AT roll out. The last ship to get AT was the Conquest back in October.

I am sailing Splendor in May and would really enjoy having the "old menu" once again.

We sail in August and I'm hoping for the new menus. I like the idea of the port specific items.

The ONLY good thing about the AT menu is the Port specific options...otherwise it's like eating at a local Denny's... lol... Dessert options are weird too. The descriptions are HORRIBLE, but once you get the dessert, it's usually nothing like the description and can actually be pretty good.

I'm hoping they are still on the old menu when we sail in May so that we can order lots of the Bitter n' Blanc!!!!

Edited by JKirkN

Thankfully it seems that Spendor (my favorite in the fleet) doesn't have American Table menus or Sea Day Brunch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that I think Carnival's "tinkering" of the MDR experience is atrocious at best. IMHO this is an absolute downgrade in their on-board product. I'm a cruising traditionalist; I prefer a complete menu and tablecloth for my MDR dining. Yes, I get it that Carnival is a casual cruise experience, but some things should be left well enough alone. I loved my recent Glory cruise in all aspects except for the AT & SDB. Is it true that Magic (another favorite) has AT ?

Thankfully it seems that Spendor (my favorite in the fleet) doesn't have American Table menus or Sea Day Brunch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that I think Carnival's "tinkering" of the MDR experience is atrocious at best. IMHO this is an absolute downgrade in their on-board product. I'm a cruising traditionalist; I prefer a complete menu and tablecloth for my MDR dining. Yes, I get it that Carnival is a casual cruise experience, but some things should be left well enough alone. I loved my recent Glory cruise in all aspects except for the AT & SDB. Is it true that Magic (another favorite) has AT ?

No Seaday Brunch?:( awww...I do like it, but will survive without. Do they still serve Breakfast and Lunch in the dining room then? I always liked Carnival's mdr lunch menu.

As for American Table...I was looking forward to a change, but again will survive without it. I like a tablecloth, but was willing to try without for a change in menu. Actually Magic, is the next Carnival ship on my to do list, but will not matter which menu. (at least until I have tried the new menu once).

Well good news at least on one front! Sea day Brunch is alive and well on Splendor.

Thanks FlSteve11:)

edit to add, I do hope you had a good cruise in all.

Edited by SMSACE6

Yep. As springs741 said, waiting to debark Splendor right now. We had the old menus for our cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi we are sailing on the Splendor April17th. How does the staggered Embarkation work? We have a time slot of 10:30 and was wondering if they adhere to this or will we end up waiting for the FTTF and diamond/platinum people to board first regardless of our time slot?

thanks and hope you had a great cruise!!!!

Edited by Mywilliedog

If anyone wants to know what ships have the American Table menu, you can find that info via this link. I found it by doing a simple Google search.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/~/new-dinner-concept%3A-american-table-and-american-feast

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi we are sailing on the Splendor April17th. How does the staggered Embarkation work? We have a time slot of 10:30 and was wondering if they adhere to this or will we end up waiting for the FTTF and diamond/platinum people to board first regardless of our time slot?

thanks and hope you had a great cruise!!!!

Diamond/platinum and FTTF always get to board first. But they plan all that in and not all of them want to get on that early. But they get to go to the front of the line whenever they get in. FTTF also means you have access to your cabin and luggage immediately when you board the ship instead of having to wait a few hours like normal... So it shouldn't impact the schedule.

Just got off the Splendor on 3/28 and I spoke to the Executive Chef about the American Table and he said that it will be implemented on the Splendor on April 4th, 2016!

Ok, thanks for that info. I will just keep waiting for week by week reports, as nothing ever seems to pan out in this regard (menu). Have been hearing that American Table would be on ship post dry dock, then, ship comes out of dry dock, still old menus. I will just keep monitoring reviews till my much later this year cruise on splendor.

I just wish Carnival, the company was just a bit more forth coming with information on the changes, rollouts of new venues on ships than they are. They never seem to be able to say what will be after a dry dock until actual cruisers come back here and report. I think that is kind of lame of them.

Yet I am still cruising with them..and will be ok with either menu, just would like to know a few months going in to my cruise what to expect.

Thanks for your report.

I love the tablecloth too!! You sure do get roasted on CC for mentioning the word tablecloth though. It cracks me up how people get so fired up about the discussion. Obviously a personal opinion but I like no sticky spots, no water puddling under your drink class, no loud clinking. Call me crazy, the tablecloth is important to me, it gives a feel of fancy. :p Also for those wondering, I sail April 10th. I can let everyone know if indeed AT is implemented.

Edited by missholly24

Just got off the Splendor on 3/28 and I spoke to the Executive Chef about the American Table and he said that it will be implemented on the Splendor on April 4th, 2016!

CRAP! That sucks! I was SO looking forward to getting a Bitter n' Blanc! I guess I can try making a special request for it. :( The AT menu is SO boring. I may be eating on the Lido a few nights :(

• 1 year later...
Does the splendor have the american table menu yet? If not are they planning on getting it?

I know this was an old post, but can anyone provide an update on if the Splendor has the American Table / American Feast menus? Thanks!

I know this was an old post, but can anyone provide an update on if the Splendor has the American Table / American Feast menus? Thanks!

Yes....The Splendor changed over to American Table/American Feast June 2016....I was on the first 6 day sailing (2nd cruise for the change - initial sailing was an 8 day) when it was introduced.

Yes....The Splendor changed over to American Table/American Feast June 2016....I was on the first 6 day sailing (2nd cruise for the change - initial sailing was an 8 day) when it was introduced.

Thank you for letting us know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just on the Aug 13,2017 cruise and we had American Table. NOT HAPPY with selections. I always had a hard time deciding between dishes with the old menu. With this one I had a hard time finding something I like. Wasn't happy at all with the food this past cruise in any venue.