Excursion Bait & Switch?

Vertygo

I booked a zip line excursion in Puerto Rico for November Regatta cruise & just noticed that I'm now booked for the less desirable rain forest walk. Has anyone had that experience of being switched without notification? Hopefully TA will be able to correct this, but seems like bait & switch to me.

I booked a zip line excursion in Puerto Rico for November Regatta cruise & just noticed that I'm now booked for the less desirable rain forest walk. Has anyone had that experience of being switched without notification? Hopefully TA will be able to correct this, but seems like bait & switch to me.

Bait & Switch

You see an ad for a washer and dryer at a great price, but when you get to the store, they aren't in stock and they don't expect to get them in. BUT - they have a model for another $400 that you should look at. That's bait and switch. It's fraud!

Your situation sounds like something else entirely. I'm sure your travel agent will sort it out.

Bait & Switch

You see an ad for a washer and dryer at a great price, but when you get to the store, they aren't in stock and they don't expect to get them in. BUT - they have a model for another $400 that you should look at. That's bait and switch. It's fraud!

Your situation sounds like something else entirely. I'm sure your travel agent will sort it out.

Not sure it is fraud. You need to look at the fine print. Just about every ad that I see has fine print and Oceania has so many pages of it I can not even understand all of it. Have you ever read an airlines ticket contract. You need to be a lawyer. I think Oceania tries to be fair and I am sure they will take care of this. :):):)

Dan has already said what I had been thinking: quite possibly just an error on someone's part.

Must we always assume a nefarious reason?

Don't get me wrong, sometime it IS nefarious! But I've never heard of Oceania pulling a "bait and switch" like this while I have heard of Destinations simply reading the wrong line when booking a tour.

Dan has already said what I had been thinking: quite possibly just an error on someone's part.

Must we always assume a nefarious reason?

Don't get me wrong, sometime it IS nefarious! But I've never heard of Oceania pulling a "bait and switch" like this while I have heard of Destinations simply reading the wrong line when booking a tour.

Agree 100%

Thanks all - TA got it straightened out. Although computer had made the reservation for zip line, it was later switched to a walking tour, included in our package. All's good now & we're looking forward again to zip lining though the rain forest.

Thanks all - TA got it straightened out. Although computer had made the reservation for zip line, it was later switched to a walking tour, included in our package. All's good now & we're looking forward again to zip lining though the rain forest.

Knew it had to be a mistake somewhere.

always hope and believe in the best happening to you... that in the end things will turn out ok. As opposed to "they are out to get me" and the banter of our..." Ill sue you" mentality that our legal folks have so fostered. Is a sad window to look out on the world through.

If you look for the best in people you will most always find it.........