Just got off the spirit. Any questions?

mamaplanes

Hi we are going in three weeks but have read a review saying the service wasnt as good as it used to be. How did you find this? Also as its giving a lot of Ultimate Beverage Packages with bookings, did you find the standard of drinks ok?

Appreciate any tips you can give me. We are on deck 9 balcony cabin.

Thanks

We had great service. We found that the kitchens were what was slow. the servers were excellent and attentive but the kitchen took forever. Some of the desserts were lacking but all in all the food was good. Again, if you are going to the pay restaurants I highly suggest you make your reservations long before you get on the boat. All the pay restaurants were completely booked most of the time. We did not try La trattoria mostly because all they did was rope off a portion of the cafeteria and call it a restaurant. Cagneys, teppanyaki, and Le Bistro were excellent.

• 1 month later...

Do you happen to remember how many electrical outlets you had in your cabin and bathroom? Were they a combination of 220V and 110V?

Also, do you happen to have any copies of the dailies or any menus you are able to share? Have the specialty restaurants switched to the new ala carte menus? There are few different style of menus floating around, but I can't seem to find any recent ones from the Spirit.

Thank you.

We just got off the Spirit. We were in an inside cabin (9569). I hate to repeat other posts. Does anyone have any questions while everything is still fresh in my mind?

Did you enjoy it? We are booked on an inside family cabin which is supposed to be bigger than average. Did you wish you had a balcony? I went with the theory that we wouldn't get our money's worth on an outside cabin considering the itinerary but who knows.

We are a party of 3 in two separate cabins and want to keep up with each other via text. We all have AT&T plans. Does Spirit offer Cellular at sea? Have you used AT&T passport? Any info is helpful! We leave on July 18.

We are a party of 3 in two separate cabins and want to keep up with each other via text. We all have AT&T plans. Does Spirit offer Cellular at sea? Have you used AT&T passport? Any info is helpful! We leave on July 18.

Spirit does have cell at sea. Used it in Dec. with Verizon. Texts and phone calls worked well, data not so much.

Spirit does have cell at sea. Used it in Dec. with Verizon. Texts and phone calls worked well, data not so much.

Thank you! My research showed Spirit being one of the only NCL ships to not offer cell at sea programs; I'm glad to find they have upgraded. I assume it's through the NCL app?

Thank you! My research showed Spirit being one of the only NCL ships to not offer cell at sea programs; I'm glad to find they have upgraded. I assume it's through the NCL app?

Cell at Sea is through your cell phone company and the network running the equipment on the ship as I understand it. NCL will have no charges for you or anything you have to do with NCL to get it to work for you. We called Verizon a few days before we went (it wouldn't let us sign up online) and they have different plans to choose from. Once you get on ship and are out of range of land your phone will be operating on the sat system. Turn off when not using and we also turned off various apps to make sure we didn't get data pushed that we didn't need.

Edited by dexddd

Did you notice when the laundry special was offered? I'm hoping it is mid cruise...

I was on a Barcelona to Venice sailing and there was only one laundry day special and it was the Naples day. You had to have you bag ready before you left the ship and it said they would return it in three days. We happened to get ours back the very next day in the evening. Don't count on that quick of turn around, I think we just go lucky.

Is there a sushi specialty restaurant? Did you try it?

Yes there is a sushi bar thru Teppanaki. There is no additional charge to eat off regular menu but they do charge for sushi. Standard sushi prices nothing that out of sorts. We enjoyed the sushi and wish we had tried it earlier in the cruise so we could have eaten there more often. Regular menu items at teppanaki were just ok, I would skip on the spring rolls they were yuck.

Just booked spirit and got all excited when I saw this but looks like mama planes has lost interest!

What questions do you have I can help. I was on the 5/31 sailing Barcelona to Venice. I think mama planes was not on the grand Mediterranean as the first one was out May 7th so she may not know answers specific to the one you are taking.

What questions do you have I can help. I was on the 5/31 sailing Barcelona to Venice. I think mama planes was not on the grand Mediterranean as the first one was out May 7th so she may not know answers specific to the one you are taking.

Hi jrpjk - did you happen to keep any of the dailies? I am looking for info on shows, trivia and white hot party times.

Also, do you happen to remember how many electrical outlets were in our cabin?

Thank you.

Hello

My in laws will be on the Spirit in September and I was wondering if you could advise as to what the main entertainment show is on board right now. The cruise is less than 90 days out but there is now shows listed for booking when we log into myncl

TIA

Lachelli