Onboard booking

cruiseluv

"Our" cruise was very unusual and I'm trying to remember whether we received the letter in our suite or when we asked about booking at Reception. I think that purchasing a voucher is a great idea - we have done it in the past (when the cost was lower than it is now).

Aren't the on board benefits the same whether you book onboard or purchase a voucher (meaning prior to the "new" price guarantee that went into effect this year)?

That was my impression i.e. a lower deposit plus a small discount on the cruise price when buying a voucher on-board. A thirty-day limit was never mentioned to me. I have contacted Regent and the question of a discount is being considered. There is not a lot of money involved but as they say, it is not about the principle of the thing but about the money.

• 7 months later...

Not asked earlier in this thread and other threads about on-board booking are several years old, so:

If you book more than one cruise on-board during the same cruise, is a $100 OBC provided for each booking? Logic says it would be and not a big deal if it isn't...just wondering.

If the answer is yes, has anyone also received the doubled OBC when booking B2B cruises which aren't offered as a straight-through combined cruise? Again, if the answer to my first question is yes, this is what you'd expect.

I assume, of course, that the on-board booking discount for the cruise fares and the reduced deposits are available for each and every cruise booked while on-board.

I'm sure many of you have booked more than one cruise at a time and will have a current experience to share.

The two times we have booked a b2b while on board, it was treated as ONE booking - I guess it may depend on the itinerary, but in our experience, the b2b became one cruise with completely new pricing. Although in the catalog it appeared as two separate cruises, on the cruise consultant's computer it was listed as one cruise - we got a $100 SBC. A few months later, after we had booked, on the Regent website they also combined the two cruises to make it available as one while still offering the two separate sailings.

gnomie :)

Interested Gnomie because this affects much more than the sbc. As an example, we are taking the 10/8/17 Venice to Rome. In the catalogue this is 2 cruises; Venice to Athens/Athens to Rome. It is also listed as 1 complete cruise. My understanding is that for the purposes of Restaurant res this is 2 cruises. Certainly hope so.

BTW, next March/April we have the Explorer TA and then Med "25th Anniversary" cruises booked as B2B since the full Miami to Venice cruise wasn't available when we got around to adding the TA. It seems (logically) that when two sequential cruises are offered as a single cruise that there is a bit more discount than the two separate cruises with the individual B2B credit. That'd likely more than offset the extra $100 OBC. And, yes, we have two invoices and the ability to book restaurants separately for each leg.

I'm guessing that if there were any indication of Regent's desire to combine two B2B cruises (not offered as a single combination cruise) onto a single invoice and thus deny the second $100 OBC, the thing to do is to book one and wait a few days before booking the other. In fact, if we weren't getting any additional discount (other than the B2B) for the combined cruise, we'd insist on it since, with some elderly family member's health in the picture, we might benefit from being able to cancel one segment without affecting the other.

Interested Gnomie because this affects much more than the sbc. As an example, we are taking the 10/8/17 Venice to Rome. In the catalogue this is 2 cruises; Venice to Athens/Athens to Rome. It is also listed as 1 complete cruise. My understanding is that for the purposes of Restaurant res this is 2 cruises. Certainly hope so.

In our case, for all other purposes, it was treated as two cruises. Although we were entitled to two sets of restaurant reservations, due to problems with the web site it was not possible and when we got on board, all the "good" times were already gone. Hopefully by now they have fixed the bugs.

For insurance purposes, it was treated as one cruise - we had hoped to break it up because since it was over 30 days, the premiums increased, but we had to refer to the booking number, which had the cruise listed as a 33 day cruise. I think the only "benefit" where we were only able to receive one and not two was for the booking SBC.

In our case, for all other purposes, it was treated as two cruises. Although we were entitled to two sets of restaurant reservations, due to problems with the web site it was not possible and when we got on board, all the "good" times were already gone. Hopefully by now they have fixed the bugs.

For insurance purposes, it was treated as one cruise - we had hoped to break it up because since it was over 30 days, the premiums increased, but we had to refer to the booking number, which had the cruise listed as a 33 day cruise. I think the only "benefit" where we were only able to receive one and not two was for the booking SBC.

If you had two booking numbers, the Cruise Consultant made an error!