How early can I book?

hrwi

My sister is turning a big number in June of 2019 and there are four of us that would like to cruise for that. Ideally we'd get one suite with a balcony and four single beds. And I would like to book it super early, then set it up so the three of us who aren't the birthday girl could pay it off over the next two years. That way we can prepay for drinks and tips and all the fun stuff.

How soon can I start seeing bookings for then? I see April 2019 ships on schedules, so can I assume july of this year?

I don't feel strongly (I'm heading on my first cruise this fall), but I would prefer to go out of Boston or NYC (maybe to Bermuda). So maybe I just need to chill out. ;)

There are a number of cruise lines that sail out of NY and Boston, so you have a huge list of choices. I am not too familiar with those departure ports, but I know it's best to book as soon as the cruise lines release their schedules. At least, it is on Princess. You can always watch for price decreases. I would say check out the cruise lines that do sail from there, and see which one you think you'd like best. Then just keep an eye out on the itinerary releases. They vary from line to line.

Out of NY or NJ, a couple of options are:

RCCL....Anthem of the Seas

Celebrity.......Summit

NCL.....Breakaway

You don't say your age group...but if you want to stay away from a lot of kids, want good service and a more laid back cruise.....I suggest the Summit to Bermuda.

The Anthem and Breakaway are very large ships (and pretty new). To avoid tons of kids, don't go during the summer or holiday's. Tons of stuff to do on these ships to keep you busy.

I love ALL ships, but these are the three I recommend to go to Bermuda. MY FAVORITE place!!! :):cool:

Hopefully they will soon be posted for that time frame. I would go with NCL Breakaway out of NYC if it's available then, but any NCL is offering free perks with booking, like an unlimited beverage package. I would look into that. NCL also cruises out of Boston.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Holland America's "Veendam' also goes to Bermuda out of Boston. At least they are this year, we're going on it in a couple of weeks.. Their sailings out of Boston to Bermuda are a bit more limited than the other lines. The big plus is that it is a little smaller ship and it docks in Hamilton, not Kings Wharf. We were on this ship 4 yrs ago to Bermuda, but then it sailed out of NYC. 2 yrs ago we took the "Summit" (Celebrity) out of NJ. We were very happy with the ship but it docked at Kings Wharf along with the NCL megaship. Way too much congestion and crowds there! Much prefer docking in Hamilton but except for an occasional sailing on some of the smaller, more upscale ships HAL's "Veendam" is the only ship with somewhat regular sailings to Bermuda that docks in Hamilton.

Due to wife's wheelchair usage we have to book accessible cabins, which like the suite being looked for, are in limited supply. We have to make it a point to book on the very day bookings open for a cruise - especially for singular itineraries that are in high demand like transatlantics. The suites and accessible cabins go very fast. We have our TA, or now HALL PCC, track when bookings open and lock it in within minutes so basically booking absolutely as early as possible. When the type of cabin matters that much we have to.