Steer me in the right direction.

mkcurran

I'm looking at booking a cruise in late April/early May 2018. My wish list:

-Leave preferable from Los Angeles or San Diego, or any port where I can fly to or from for less than $100/each way from Phoenix.

-Would love a balcony, but will settle for a good sized window. Would like the price to be around $2,000 or so for 2 people.

-Would like to have no more than one day at sea at a time.

-I'm thinking with the time frame we wouldn't have to worry too much about tripping over other people kids, but we also don't need a ship geared towards kids.

I have an eye on the Mexican Rivera sailing of the Carnival Splendor, but I wondering if anybody knows of any other options that are worth considering.

Thanks

Check 7 days Mexican Riviera on Ruby Princess

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Mexican Rivera is a little early for us on that ship. But the rates are rocking on the Pacific Coastal cruise. Might be able to make that work if I can figure out if I can get back to the car.

You won't find a lot of cruises that have fares of $2000 unless they 4 days or less.

April there will be a number lines having cruises from those ports . In May you'll basically only Carnival doing cruises.

That number is based upon the Carnival Splendor and is only a starting point. ;p

I took the Mexican Riviera cruise, awhile ago, on RC. It was LOVELY. The ports were great. We did our own thing and didn't even look to see what the excursions were. We lived in Oceanside, CA .... so easy to the SD port. DH took a 1/2 day deep sea fishing trip on his own and I meandered, shopped and saw a cool Mexican festival/dancing/performance.

I can not remember the last time we paid as much as $2000 for any cruise except 10 days. We have had balcony cabins but couldn't care less about them so we get just outside ones.

Carnival does not allow any TAs to charge less than Carnival's price so we book on line with Carnival- we just had our 80th on Carnival but cruise 5 other lines too. ( We have been cruising since 1985 and have well over 100 cruises.)

Check directly with the cruise lines and make sure your price includes taxes and port fees with whatever cruise you decide!

Looks like you have a few choices.

San Fransisco: 4/7/18

Grand Princess - 7-Night California Coastal Oceanview cabin $799 pp $1,099 balcony pp.

San Diego - 5/1/18

HAL Zandam 5-Night Coastal - $599 Suite pp

Los Angeles - 4/1/18

NCL Star 7-Night Mexico

$799 Inside pp - $949 ocean view pp.

Ruby Princess 10-night Mexico $1,099 pp inside.

Carnival Cruises also has a lot of cruises from Los Angeles in your time frame.

Add around one to two hundred pp for tax and port charges. You have some options here. Find a cruise search engine or a travel agent.

Jonathan

I took the Mexican Riviera cruise, awhile ago, on RC. It was LOVELY. The ports were great. We did our own thing and didn't even look to see what the excursions were. We lived in Oceanside, CA .... so easy to the SD port. DH took a 1/2 day deep sea fishing trip on his own and I meandered, shopped and saw a cool Mexican festival/dancing/performance.

Good to know! My only hesitation on cruising Mexico is that I visit with my car on a regular basis.

Good to know! My only hesitation on cruising Mexico is that I visit with my car on a regular basis.

We did also, having lived in Oceanside, CA at the time. We honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta, but had never been to Cabo San Lucas or Mazatlan and that's where the cruise went, in addition to Puerto Vallarta as one of the ports. It was a 10 yr. anniversary trip for us. I thought your original post mentioned Mexican Riviera. :)

We did also, having lived in Oceanside, CA at the time. We honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta, but had never been to Cabo San Lucas or Mazatlan and that's where the cruise went, in addition to Puerto Vallarta as one of the ports. It was a 10 yr. anniversary trip for us. I thought your original post mentioned Mexican Riviera. :)

It did! Ensenada is a 2-3 hour drive for us. :) Going further south seems to be the plan for now. Unless I find a great flight deal to Miami. There is one cruise from there that caught my eye.

It did! Ensenada is a 2-3 hour drive for us. :) Going further south seems to be the plan for now. Unless I find a great flight deal to Miami. There is one cruise from there that caught my eye.

Where are you looking out of Miami? I am cruising out of Miami on Monday.

p.s. I love Ensenada and La Boufadora (spelling?) :? )

Where are you looking out of Miami? I am cruising out of Miami on Monday.

p.s. I love Ensenada and La Boufadora (spelling?) :? )

Eastern Caribbean on the Carnival Glory. It's got 4 ports, so less chance of cabin fever on the boat.