Ventura

John Jordan

Hi, all.

I am embarking in Ventura next spring in an Iberian cruise.

Any excursions recommendation in Tenerife, Funchal or La Coruna?

Many thanks

when we stopped at La Coruna there was a guy with a tuk tuk cycle

. I forget how much it cost for the 2 of us, but it was well worth it. Two hours going round places we could not have got to on foot (mobility problems)

The toboggan run is a must. we went on an official trip around Funchal with panoramic views, trip to a port seller ( no hard sell, lots of samples), furnicular and toboggan run. Thoroughly enjoyable. Not much queuing and would recommend. Yes you can walk into Funchal quite easily but the trip gave a good all round taste of the capital.

I'd recommend a 4x4 trip for Madeira if you don't want the more traditional tourist trappings of the toboggan ride. We had one of the best days on any excursion doing that last year. Beautiful scenery in the mountains and some heart stopping roads! Great fun, made all the more so by a thrill seeking octogenarian Welsh couple who were marvellous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd recommend walking to the cable car via the market. About ½ hour plus looking time. €10 on cable car. Walk to the toboggan (about two minutes). Not sure what the cost of the toboggan is (€25 maybe?), then a cab (haggle) down to a sea front bar for a beer and a poncha (local drink). Finally a gentle stroll back to the ship. Touristy? Yes. Fun? Definitely. My video of the ride

Recently off Ventura at Christmas and would highly recommend loro parque Tenerife. Not to be missed.

Madeira - toboggan and cable car

I was on this cruise too. Would recommend these two trips also. Do cable car and toboggan on your own not through P&O.

I'd walk to the market which is a must-see, then I'd get the bus to camera de Lobos, the lovely sea-side village where Winston Churchill went to paint. If you need to do shopping the bus stops at the Forum Mall on the way back and there's a huge supermarket for your drinkies and anything you've forgotten.

We also liked the ride up on the cable car but we thought the toboggan was a bit of a let down and too much of a tourist trap. Also it was quite a way from the bottom back ito town

Edited by tartanexile81

• 2 weeks later...
I also took La Coruna Tour by Hercules Tours. Very clean coach and nice staff with a very good english. 15 euros, 2 hours long. We discovered the best places in this beautiful city. Tripadvisor recommendation.

I went with Hercules too. Very friendly staff. Impressive tour of La Coruna. 100% recommedable.

We are visiting those ports on our cruise on Ventura next month. We too, have booked Hercules tours for La Coruna and we are hoping to do a trip to Mt Teide in Tenerife.

I am hoping to visit Camara de Lobos as suggested by Tartanexile81. IF YOU ARE READING this TARTANEXILE81 can you advise how easy it was to catch a bus there and how frequently they run.

Thanks in advance!:)

• 2 weeks later...
I also took La Coruna Tour by Hercules Tours. Very clean coach and nice staff with a very good english. 15 euros, 2 hours long. We discovered the best places in this beautiful city. Tripadvisor recommendation.

Thank you all for your advice. I took some of this excursiones and I was very happy. Highly recommended