P&O Ventura Live Review

Nix111

Ah good to get confirmation ifthe name change of the White Room to the Epicurean, which was bugging me as we are booked on Ventura in August and all the blurb says whitebRoom and East but the cruise planner says Epicurean and Sindhu most confusing, i presume East will shortly change as well

Thanks for the lovely comments, glad it's useful, here's a link to our final day on board http://cruisemuses.blog.co.uk [ATTACH]350605[/ATTACH]

Another great instalment and a great read as always. Thank you.

How are you finding the bar prices on board? From looking at the various bar/wine menus the prices seem to be extremely reasonable for a cruise ship.

glad you enjoyed your trip. We too were on this cruise with our 8 yr old Grandson. He found the children's club amazing and we could never get him out! I too was disappointed with the Sailaways......well lack of I feel is more to the point. Whether P and O have sent all their best people onto Britannia and left behind less than enthusiastic staff.....my opinion only......I found the cruise a little lacking in pizzazz! Food was ok....did love Marco P White menu on black tie night.....dining room certainly better than buffet. So saying we had an enjoyable time, grandson thought it was the best time ever, we now looking forward to seeing if Princess is as bad as some reviews are saying....time passes and things change. Happy cruising everyone :)

Thanks for the great review. We are on Ventura at the end of June for the 3 nighter with the same ports but no sea day. Going with a group of 17, 7 of whom have never cruised before so will be forwarding them the link!

As a big RCL fan I look forward to your final thoughts, we've only done Aurora before with P and O so are keen to try one of their bigger ships.

Julie

Hi

Finally finished my review and added a summary and photos http://www.cruisemuses.blog.co.uk

Drinks prices very reasonable Wobblybob, £15 for a bottle of wine, beers around £3.50, cocktails £4.50 a refreshing change after Royal Caribbean

Hope you find the review useful any questions just shout, thanks for the nice comments :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question on teenage formal nights attire, do they insist on black tie for 14year olds?

Another question must he wear long trousers to dinner or will taiolored chino shorts be ok on other nights rather than formal?

Thanks he is driving me mad:confused:confused:

I have a question on teenage formal nights attire, do they insist on black tie for 14year olds?

Another question must he wear long trousers to dinner or will taiolored chino shorts be ok on other nights rather than formal?

Thanks he is driving me mad:confused:confused:

Surely as a teenager at 14 years of age he would want to dress as a grow up and not as a child in shorts?

I've never seen shorts being worn by adults to dinner on any of the cruises I have been on even when the dress of the day was casual.

Don't P&O ask in the dress code that you do not wear shorts to dinner in the main dining room,other than of course small children or at lunchtime.

I tend to read casual as smart casual rather than a free for all with ragged denim and shell suits.:)

Edited by AchileLauro