The White Room

Hey all. I apologize if I missed this information, but I can't remember what the white, blocked out rooms are. We have 6298 on the Navigator on an upcoming cruise. Across from us is said white room. Is this storage and will there be traffic in and out with vacuums, supplies, etc? We are usually asleep by 11 or 11:30 and up by 7 0r 7:30, so maybe this won't be an issue, anyway. Thank you in advance!

White areas on the deck plans are non-cabin areas. They can be crew passage ways, storage whatever is needed. It is unlikely that you will have problems due to having a small non cabin space across from you. You are just as likely to have someone who comes in late and loud next door.

Hey all. I apologize if I missed this information, but I can't remember what the white, blocked out rooms are. We have 6298 on the Navigator on an upcoming cruise. Across from us is said white room. Is this storage and will there be traffic in and out with vacuums, supplies, etc? We are usually asleep by 11 or 11:30 and up by 7 0r 7:30, so maybe this won't be an issue, anyway. Thank you in advance!

That small space (size of 1 cabin) would be storage area for the cabin attendant. Clean sheets, towels, toiletries, vacuum etc..

I am on freedom , deck 9, 9300 and I have a large white space across from me, anyone know what the difference is from the small white space.

If anyone has a chance to look, I would appreciate it

Thanks for the replies. We usually don't sleep late so (what's the name of the vacuum cleaner? hehe) won't wake us up.

PS We took this cabin because it was so cheap! A travel agency was running a special (with lots of extra perks) so I thought we'd take a chance. I know a lot of CC'ers use a travel agent, so I'm hoping this will be a great fit.

Edited by geoblond

I am on freedom , deck 9, 9300 and I have a large white space across from me, anyone know what the difference is from the small white space.

If anyone has a chance to look, I would appreciate it

I am fairly certain that space is a crew stairwell. The crew stairwells are shown on the deck plan on the back of your cabin door that show your muster station. I remember looking at it on outer December cruise.

For those that are interested, the white space on the Grandeur in the front of the ship between the elevator and the first row of staterooms, 4031-4531, 3031-3531 are the crews stairs. There is a door that opens on each side. These stateroom are extremely noisey. We had 4531 last month on an 8N. The door slams closed regularly, sometimes it would even shake the bed :eek: as the head of the bed is just on the other side of the wall from the door. I would not recommend these rooms.

grandeur-door.jpg

For those that are interested, the white space on the Grandeur in the front of the ship between the elevator and the first row of staterooms, 4031-4531, 3031-3531 are the crews stairs. There is a door that opens on each side. These stateroom are extremely noisey. We had 4531 last month on an 8N. The door slams closed regularly, sometimes it would even shake the bed :eek: as the head of the bed is just on the other side of the wall from the door. I would not recommend these rooms.

grandeur-door.jpg

Thanks for the heads up WeatherFx