Bloody Mary's

I'm cruising on Liberty 7/2, 9 day itinerary.

I love bloody mary's on my cruises and usually can have 2 or 3 between 10:30am and 1pm (lunchtime). Then I move to beer in the late afternoon.

What's the best one to order or how should I order them?

I want better than the standard mix and vodka.

Keep in mind that I will have the premium beverage package.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance from a very excited cruiser in 6 weeks!!

I tried one and I didn't care for it. They used Island Oasis bloody mary mix, which is very salty. Another man kept ordering them so I guess he liked it.

I would probably ask them to make it with tomato juice as the base but I don't know if they have that stocked at the bars.

:cool:

I love bloody mary's on my cruises and usually can have 2 or 3 between 10:30am and 1pm (lunchtime). Then I move to beer in the late afternoon.

Try a bloody Maria ,same a s a bloody Mary but with tequila not vodka.Do not judge until you try very good!

Grey Goose or equivelant.

Clamato juice (very important)

good name brand horseradish (here in Northeast Wild-Willys works)

Worsteshire sauce

celery salt

black pepper

couple dabs of tabasco

1/4 lemon

I swear it will be the best! Oh and finish it with 3 or 4 blue-cheese or Gargonzola stuffed olives floating or on a sword:cool:

I tried one and I didn't care for it. They used Island Oasis bloody mary mix, which is very salty. Another man kept ordering them so I guess he liked it.

I would probably ask them to make it with tomato juice as the base but I don't know if they have that stocked at the bars.

That reminds me, I actually order Bloody Caesars instead of Bloody marys. So they use Clamato Juice. (Most Canadians will know what this is)

My big assumption was that if they make an excellent Bloody Caesar, they should make an excellent Bloody Mary.:rolleyes:

dp

Edited by dpostman

My husband ordered the Bloody Mary with Grey Goose and it was $14.00 plus tip. Not sure if that is included in the package. You may have to pay the difference. That was on Enchantment in March.

We just got off The Liberty on Saturday. My husband really likes Bloody Mary's so usually had at least one everyday. He didn't care for the ultimate, $12, he said something was sweet in it that he didn't care for. The regular bloody Mary's were $10, premixed juice with the added vodka, they always brought him tobasco spice because he likes it very spicy. They do. It have horseradish stocked at the bar.

Marg

We just got off The Liberty on Saturday. My husband really likes Bloody Mary's so usually had at least one everyday. He didn't care for the ultimate, $12, he said something was sweet in it that he didn't care for. The regular bloody Mary's were $10, premixed juice with the added vodka, they always brought him tobasco spice because he likes it very spicy. They do. It have horseradish stocked at the bar.

Marg

That is tobasco sauce. And they do not have horseradish sauce at the bars.

We were on the Oasis in March. I was disappointed in the Bloody Mary's at first as they were too sweet for my taste. Tried one at the Schooner Bar and I liked it much better. Bartender said the "secret ingredient" was olive juice.

Really cut the sweetness. Asked for this concoction at other bars, they were happy to oblige.

Well, this definitlely piques my interest.

A BLT Mary.

Now I just have to find out how early the Hoof and Claw opens.

I have a feeling that I'm going to have many good bloody mary's and an all around great cruise!

Really love these forums.

Thanks again

In the Hoof & Claw Pub: BLT Mary

Breakfast of champions :D

Here it is on the menu

Hoofampclaw%20Beer%20Menu%20P2.jpg

A BLT Mary.

I have a feeling that I'm going to have many good bloody mary's and an all around great cruise!

Thanks again

Had the ultimate Bloody Mary on Voyager. Yum! Hot with a punch. Mind you, only had one.

A BLT Mary.

Thanks again

That might be a problem, since the H&C only opens "After Breakfast:rolleyes:" but the ones I had in the earlier times were from the Plaza Bar (Windjammer entrance) they were also good. Maybe they also make the BLT version but I only found out about the BLT version later during the cruise and only had them at the H&C after that.

Go see Eugene (Spelled Juxhin) from albania in the H&C and tell him Dennis Sent you. His contract ends in June so he may be off by the time you get there. I was on the Easter Cruise (April 2nd) and ordered many drinks from the H&C: Old Fashioned, Gin & Tonic, Manhatan, Rob Roy, a few martini's, Many Beers and the staff at the H&C nailed every single one of them.

Oh... except for a drink called a "Pink Velvet". My wife ordered that and only took a few sips then gave it to me. I could not finish it, and that hardly ever happens.

beerme.gifdrinks.gif

dp

Grey Goose or equivelant.

Clamato juice (very important)

good name brand horseradish (here in Northeast Wild-Willys works)

Worsteshire sauce

celery salt

black pepper

couple dabs of tabasco

1/4 lemon

I swear it will be the best! Oh and finish it with 3 or 4 blue-cheese or Gargonzola stuffed olives floating or on a sword:cool:

Dang, took out my recipe file for this one! Written down, and ready to go. Sounds fantastic!

I love BM and have several prior to noon. On the Oasis in March they poured from something that looked like a milk carton. It was very good, not as good as Lefty O'Doul's but not bad. I usually had them add a little tabasco, but generally it was fairly decent. I looked to see who made the mix and it was a well known brand (can't recall), but not somebody you normally associate with BM mix. Maybe like Ocean Spray or something similar.

Also love my Bloody Mary's when on vacation.....but have a heck of a time getting one with out that horrible mix or clamato Juice:rolleyes:

For some reason some bartenders cannot understand that a Bloody Mary can be made with Tomato Juice, vodka and spices to ones taste. So Frustrating some times.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

I love the mix they use, Zing Zang. If it was anything else I would pass, gone are they days of a bartender with the ability to make a decent bloody Mary with just tomato juice and spices. (Or at least that has been my experience) but, if you don't like it spicy you can order one with just tomato juice. One person in our party did that often. They are a little pricey, but the BLTBM is awesome. Something about that slice of bacon [emoji4]

Try the BLT one...its awesome!!

I love BM and have several prior to noon. On the Oasis in March they poured from something that looked like a milk carton. It was very good, not as good as Lefty O'Doul's but not bad. I usually had them add a little tabasco, but generally it was fairly decent. I looked to see who made the mix and it was a well known brand (can't recall), but not somebody you normally associate with BM mix. Maybe like Ocean Spray or something similar.

It was probably Island Oasis mix. They were using that on Liberty.