P&O is getting greedy with duty free cigarette prices

rkmw

for any smokers who are concerned with p&o duty free cigarette prices the cost varies from $89.95 up to $99.95 and the onboard prices are $14 for a pack of 30's from any bar

we bought our supply in Noumea in cartons of 200 for $36 AUD and they deliver to the ship but you dont see them until the last day and you need your passport

Wow! That's gone up! My other half smokes and we got cartons of Winfield Sky Blue 30s for $45 when we were onboard the Pearl in December. And if I remember correctly, we got a discount on that because we bought in the first couple of days when they had specials.

Wow! That's gone up! My other half smokes and we got cartons of Winfield Sky Blue 30s for $45 when we were onboard the Pearl in December. And if I remember correctly, we got a discount on that because we bought in the first couple of days when they had specials.

the price for winfield blue for a 250 carton is $99.99 so if you got a discount you would still be paying $90

Smokers are an easy target, and can be bullied by the politicians as much as they like.

Duty Free cigarettes?

You must be joking.

I am afraid they are a long lost dream these days.

The cruise lines are only passing on what they have pay.

Smokers are an easy target, and can be bullied by the politicians as much as they like.

Duty Free cigarettes?

You must be joking.

I am afraid they are a long lost dream these days.

The cruise lines are only passing on what they have pay.

David while we can buy the same products at half price from Noumea & Vila we will still do so.....p&o must be trying to make a big profit off the people that dont know any better

Hi, I have found..that whenever the Ships visit Vila...their onboard prices for Cigs and Grog, are lower than if only cruising to New Caledonia or up the Qld coast.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

$55AUD at Paris in Vila for 250 B&H at Easter

do they make winfield 30s?

they do make a 30g packets.

I only ever seen 20s and 25s,

My mistake, they were 25s (clearly I'm not the smoker in the household). :)

not unless your other half rolls there own. then they would be 30grams.

Hi, I have found..that whenever the Ships visit Vila...their onboard prices for Cigs and Grog, are lower than if only cruising to New Caledonia or up the Qld coast.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

yes if the cruise does not go to port vila then all the duty free prices go up on the ship

yes if the cruise does not go to port vila then all the duty free prices go up on the ship

our last cruise we only went to Noumea and not Vila but the prices were what i quoted in my OP.....Noumea was very cheap at $36 per carton of 200's

our last cruise we only went to Noumea and not Vila but the prices were what i quoted in my OP.....Noumea was very cheap at $36 per carton of 200's
our last cruise that went to port vila $28 per 200 carton.

• 2 weeks later...

17 bucks acarton benson and hedges in dubai in the budget the other nite you can only bring in 2 packets///// from now duty freethats packets not cartons the anti smokers greens have got their way i supose booze will be next

not unless your other half rolls there own. then they would be 30grams.
I'm talking about how many cigarettes are in each packet. I don't know what the gram measurement is. They're Winfield Sky Blue 25's.

The rules will be changing from September 2012, as reported in the media.

Snipped from the Herald Sun article:

Budget 2012 slashes duty free cigarettes, taxes beer

SMOKERS have been hit like never before, with a clampdown on duty-free cigarettes and tobacco police to enforce new plain packaging laws.

From September 1 the government will reduce the inbound duty free allowance for international travellers to 50 cigarettes or 50 grams of tobacco.

Scrapping the duty free perk will rip an extra $600 million from smokers' pockets over four years.

The measure will raise $115 million in its first year rising to $175 million by 2015.

For full article:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/money/budget-2012-slashes-duty-free-cigarettes-taxes-beer/story-fn84gmep-1226350506372

With the current prices of cigarettes and tobacco, and now the drastic cut back on duty free allowances, I predict that the cruise lines will soon stop selling cigarettes on board.

It will not be worth their while any more. Even individual packets are getting so pricey that if 1 packet go missing or is unaccounted for , they will be down the tubes.

on the Pacific Dawn winfield 25s per carton duty free $ 69.oo

Port vila was $ 55 for the same.

but alcohol was still very cheap.

Archived