Blu Menu Changed?

tvlgoddess

If I remember correctly, I've read a while back that the Blu menu will be changed. Has it? We were on the Constellation March/April of this year and was informed by the maitre 'd after the dry dock that the menu will be change. Wondering if it has been done fleet wise yet.

Can't speak to all ships but the new menu was on the Equinox in late April. We enjoyed it! Most of our favorites from the old menu were there and a number of new items.

Same experience on Reflection last week. We really enjoyed the food! Here is a thread with some of the new menus:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2506070&highlight=new+Blu+menu

Thanks for posting the link to menus.. Sailing on Infinity soon...wonder if they will have the new menus .?

Some of it looks OK, esp new soups, but overall not thrilling on paper .

.Still alot of pheasant, game etc which they managed to dry out last time around on Infinity.

We'll be carefully checking the dinner menus daily...in time to make alt plans! We already have 2 nights for specialty dining and one buffet night due to an early evening excursion,. Last Oct on Infinity, we ate out many nights...poor and slow service, dried out overcooked food...Hoping it is better this year and BLU is always worth it for breakfasts!

This was our best experience in Blu. We ate there 7 out of 10 nights and every meal was excellent. There appeared to be less game on the menus, but it may have been the menus we had. It was always difficult to choose appetizers since many looked good - the mains I could narrow down to 1-2 that I wanted. I was nervous because we travelled with newbie cruisers and I wasn't sure if the food in Blu would live up to the cruise food expectations that people often have. They loved Blu and were very impressed.

I think the appetizers, soups and salads were the highlight for me, but the filet, prime rib, lamb shank, short ribs were all excellent. On lobster night, I went with the lobster while the other 3 had the phyllo crusted chicken - they all raved about the chicken - my lobster was so so.

We had the same waiter most nights who was honest about recommendations - he told us which dishes were hits with the passengers and which ones did not get the positive feedback, though said he knew taste is individual. If we ordered something he thought we might not like, he would bring something else to try, "just in case." He brought us salads and pastas to share with our spouses that we hadn't ordered, "to try." It was great to try new things and I will order some of those things the next time. We had an excellent experience in Blu this time, after two previous inconsistent experiences.