"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

If Jacksonville will NOT dredge around MayPort and let a BIG ship come in, Carnival should go to Savannah. They will do ANYTHING to get a big Cruise ship.

A Port there, instead of Tampa..........and there are a lot of ships there..then one in Mobile. then in New Orleans......then Texas

SAVANNAH would get people from N.Florida. Alabama. Georgia. Tennessee ( I-95 straight line to the coast of GA) Kentucky. S.C., N.C.............HUGE market there that would drive, and not necessarily fly. MANY already vacation in S.C., GA.......North East Florida.......already coming in summer or on Holiday. on Interstate 95 and Interstate 10. Six hour or so drive. Doable. Same distance from Jax to Miami. And we drive it ...go the night before so extra business for them. Ditto for Savannah which is an eye popping lovely place. Great food too.

Eat at Paula Deens place.

Someone asked john on his fb page which ship is replacing the Miracle and John said that the person would have a splendid time on it so I am guessing the Splendor is coming back to Long Beach.

That would be all good but they already announced the Splendor was going to China in 2018 so it would be a temporary move.

A part of me and this is purely my speculation only is that they will put the Vista sister ship in Australia and bring either the Spirit or Legend to Long Beach to do MR, Hawaiian and Alaskan cruises.

I was told last month by someone in HR who was on a cruise I was on that the Miracle was only going first to test the market and then go to China seasonally while the Splendor will be permanently based.

They will also use Costas current infrastructure out of Shanghai.

I can't confirm or have evidence to back this up. This was just mentioned to me when talking to someone on board who claimed to work in the corporate office.

I say this all the time. But I still cannot believe they have not announced anything about vistas sister. She is set to be due exactly 2 years later than the vista. And by this time 2 years ago, they had the steal cutting ceremony, and we knew the name Vista. But for her sister we know absolutely nothing.

I say this all the time. But I still cannot believe they have not announced anything about vistas sister. She is set to be due exactly 2 years later than the vista. And by this time 2 years ago, they had the steal cutting ceremony, and we knew the name Vista. But for her sister we know absolutely nothing.

Maybe that's the big announcement that John Heald will be making in Jacksonville tomorrow. I really hope so. I'm waiting to take a Med cruise until that ship is built! Wish I could do the Vista this year, but couldn't. So I'm waiting for the next one.

Maybe that's the big announcement that John Heald will be making in Jacksonville tomorrow. I really hope so. I'm waiting to take a Med cruise until that ship is built! Wish I could do the Vista this year, but couldn't. So I'm waiting for the next one.

Same here! It will be my college graduation gift as well as my parents 30th anniversary in 2018, so I want to get some info on her!

Vista's sister is already scheduled for 2018 (might be 19 not sure) without looking. You can count on that ship doing a med tour.

Edited by jimbo5544

• 2 weeks later...
It has been announced it will be going to china

I found the itineraries for miracle out of long beach for next summer. So I don't think that's the plan anymore. All the dates and prices are up out of long beach for summer of 2017 on the miracle.

So I got a little behind here. Splendor going to China I get. Is that supposed to happen next March or so? I see she has no dates after Feb 17.

EDIT: I am also surprised that they are not repeating the Journey Mex Riviera cruise again. That 13 day cruise sold remarkably well and the prices shot way up soon after it came up. Huh.

Edited by tiggerman101

Carnival Miracle is now available for sale through December 30, 2017. I have already booked us onto a November 2017 cruise.

I have it from reliable source that the plan has been delayed and/or changed. Book away.

Interesting, I wonder what the delay is caused by.....