Early Boarding Victory

Kudos2Fly

Yes I know it has been asked before. I did search for "Early Boarding Victory" but got everything else. Or stuff from when she was in Ft. Lauderdale.

Hubby and I will be sailing Victory Feb 25th. We are Platinum/FTTF. For those that have Platinum what is the earliest you have gotten on and was able to go strait to your room on Victory? Last time we boarded in Port Canveral was 2013 and as I recalled we got on before 12. But don't know if things has changed since then.

We will be carrying our luggage with us and not checking it. So will want to unload our stuff before looking around the ship. Since this is the first time on Victory. Looking at also timing on when we should leave our house. We live about 2.5 hours away.

Edited by Kudos2Fly

Yes I know it has been asked before. I did search for "Early Boarding Victory" but got everything else. Or stuff from when she was in Ft. Lauderdale.

Hubby and I will be sailing Victory Feb 25th. We are Platinum/FTTF. For those that have Platinum what is the earliest you have gotten on and was able to go strait to your room on Victory? Last time we boarded in Port Canveral was 2013 and as I recalled we got on before 12. But don't know if things has changed since then.

We will be carrying our luggage with us and not checking it. So will want to unload our stuff before looking around the ship. Since this is the first time on Victory. Looking at also timing on when we should leave our house. We live about 2.5 hours away.

Your cruise is a bit unique. The ship docks in Miami on the 24th. Then repositions to Port Canaveral . You don't have the normal cycle of unloading, fixing rooms then loading up all in one day. It is possible the rooms will be all ready from the day before.

Your cruise is a bit unique. The ship docks in Miami on the 24th. Then repositions to Port Canaveral . You don't have the normal cycle of unloading, fixing rooms then loading up all in one day. It is possible the rooms will be all ready from the day before.

Thanks for the data, thought it had already moved to Port Canaveral... Didn't realize it was still going to be Miami the day before... :)

Thanks for the replies. Helps in deciding when we leave our house.

• 1 month later...

Many here are saying "early boarding". There really is no such thing - even with Platinum, Diamond, FTTF, etc.

You can check in early with those perks, but no one gets to board until the ship is cleared for boarding. Then it's weddings, Platinum, Diamonds and FTTF. Then general boarding commences.

Do you get to move to the front of the line -YES

Do you get to board early - No

On our Victory cruise last year we had one of the easiesrembarkations ever. No FTTF. We got to POM earlier than expected (having stayed in Jupiter the night before)' parked at the port a little before 11. Got checked in, no lines, and they told us to wait to board at 12:00. At about 11:40 they announced they were boarding early so on the ship went, straight to the pool area -got a table right away. As it was a short cruise we had done carry-on. I stayed with the bags while DH got us DOD's. we enjoyed our drinks, relaxed, and people watched and I went to the grill and got us some fries and chicken tenders. They said room would not be ready until 1:30' but again, they were ready early, about an hour after we got on deck. A great start to a relaxing cruise.

I will be on Victory on 3/31. Once we are on the ship can we go put our carryon in the room even if it isn't ready, or should we just carry it until our room is ready? We won’t have FTTF. How do we know when our room is ready? Do they text you or something?

Sorry, this is my first cruise and I’m not sure how it all works.

I will be on Victory on 3/31. Once we are on the ship can we go put our carryon in the room even if it isn't ready, or should we just carry it until our room is ready? We won’t have FTTF. How do we know when our room is ready? Do they text you or something?

Sorry, this is my first cruise and I’m not sure how it all works.

The fire doors will be closed (depending on when you arrive). There will be a posting on them with instructions on what time to come back. It also states on the posting that if you have Faster To The Fun FTTF - come on in, your room is ready. In answer to your other question, no they don't text regarding if your room is ready. Have a great cruise, I hope this helped answer your questions.

I too had the same question and I too had searched around and got some information. To everyone who has read this post.. For the record mind you.. what i'm getting here is that there is no such thing as early boarding, although you MAY be able to board early and you MAY be able to check into your rooms if the crew cleans up all the rooms early. Otherwise it's on schedule. Correct?

MrsPawel, they will make an announcement over the intercom system when the cabins are available - usually around 1:30.

Never heard an announcement. Doesn't mean it's not done, just never heard one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The fire doors will be closed (depending on when you arrive). There will be a posting on them with instructions on what time to come back. It also states on the posting that if you have Faster To The Fun FTTF - come on in, your room is ready. In answer to your other question, no they don't text regarding if your room is ready. Have a great cruise, I hope this helped answer your questions.

ImageUploadedByForums1458339492.246441.jpg.f6d58a0f2dc1a87b2996c68e6259c96b.jpg

firemanbobswife - posted this on another similar topic. This is the posting I was referring to.

[ATTACH]380010[/ATTACH]

firemanbobswife - posted this on another similar topic. This is the posting I was referring to.

Thank you for the info and the picture!!!

Now, if only I can find a picture of the Victory 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral Fun Times to help me plan....

Hubby and I will be sailing Victory Feb 25th. We are Platinum/FTTF.

Just a friendly comment, if you are Platinum there is no need to purchase FTTF.

Not trying to start a debate but basically purchase of FTTF is paying for some of Platinum benefits.

If you are Platinum my suggestion would be to cancel your FTTF.

Thank you for the info and the picture!!!

Now, if only I can find a picture of the Victory 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral Fun Times to help me plan....

I will be on the ship March 24th. I could take some pics for you. When are you travelling?

I will be on the ship March 24th. I could take some pics for you. When are you travelling?

March 31, so it looks like you will be on the 3 day cruise right before mine. It's cutting it close, but I'll take it! I would REALLY appreciate it!!! Once I get to see the Fun Times it will be like Christmas morning for me!

Never heard an announcement. Doesn't mean it's not done, just never heard one.

I've heard it a few times but not every time. Probably you have to be in place on the ship where you can hear the announcements, like the Lido deck.

• 2 weeks later...

My good friend and I will be leaving in 9 more days on the Victory to the Bahamas. I am looking so forward to this vacation that is needed. I lost my mom this year and it has been very hard on me so my good friend suggested on going on a cruise which is a good choice.

We just got off the Victory. Question(s): We didn't pay for FTTF or Early Boarding, however we did get on when we got on and the problem was, the rooms weren't ready yet. I didn't particularly care that they weren't ready but I wanted to ask, has anyone had the same experience? Does the boarding time take precedence over getting the rooms ready? I thought it would be the other way around. It might have been a good move for Carnival to start generating money as early as they can but I was just wondering what other people's experiences were. We got to eat a late lunch before heading down to our room so it wasn't so much an issue.

We just got off the Victory. Question(s): We didn't pay for FTTF or Early Boarding, however we did get on when we got on and the problem was, the rooms weren't ready yet. I didn't particularly care that they weren't ready but I wanted to ask, has anyone had the same experience? Does the boarding time take precedence over getting the rooms ready? I thought it would be the other way around. It might have been a good move for Carnival to start generating money as early as they can but I was just wondering what other people's experiences were. We got to eat a late lunch before heading down to our room so it wasn't so much an issue.

Typically, Carnival starts boarding around 11:30 and cabins are available for the 'regular' folk around 1:30.

Other cruise lines (Princess) board when the cabins are ready, pushing boarding time to 12:30 or later.

Personal preference as to which is better. Waiting onboard or waiting in the terminal. We'd rather wait onboard.