Advice Appreciated

:) Hi all

Am looking at booking 4 nights on Ventura as a taster, for hubby,myself and dds aged 17 and 14.

Am looking at an inside cabin, but, i'm getting confused by all the different grades and decks etc..

Any area I should avoid like the plague and do you think the cabin will be ok size for us?

Many thanks

Am looking at booking 4 nights on Ventura as a taster' date=' for hubby,myself and dds aged 17 and 14.

Am looking at an inside cabin, but, i'm getting confused by all the different grades and decks etc..

Any area I should avoid like the plague and do you think the cabin will be ok size for us?

Many thanks[/quote']

It will be a squeeze but for 4 nights I am sure you will manage. Just make sure you have cabins above and below so that you are not bothered with noise. I like the aft on Ventura and will be sailing on her for the 4th time in October.

It will be a squeeze but for 4 nights I am sure you will manage. Just make sure you have cabins above and below so that you are not bothered with noise. I like the aft on Ventura and will be sailing on her for the 4th time in October.

Thanks for the reply Trish :)

Are P and O strict with embarkation times? With Royal Caibbean I arrive as soon as the terminal opens :D

Am looking at booking 4 nights on Ventura as a taster' date=' for hubby,myself and dds aged 17 and 14.

Many thanks[/quote']

We've stayed in an inside cabin with four of us (children similar ages to yours) for up to 10 nights and managed just fine. It's a bit snug, though, especially when the ladders are down for the Pullman berths. Staggering getting ready for dinner, especially on formal nights, made life easier. Hope you enjoy your taster.

We've stayed in an inside cabin with four of us (children similar ages to yours) for up to 10 nights and managed just fine. It's a bit snug, though, especially when the ladders are down for the Pullman berths. Staggering getting ready for dinner, especially on formal nights, made life easier. Hope you enjoy your taster.

Thanks :) are the drinks a good price for tea/coffee and cola etc?

Tea/coffee supplies in your cabin are free and replenished daily by the steward. Tea, coffee and chilled water available free all day from the buffet juice available also at breakfast only. Free afternoon tea served in the MDR and buffet every day. Sadly P&O don't do the free lemonade (love it) and ice cream that RCI do. Ice cream (Walls' Carte d'Or) available to buy from counter near main pool area.

Beer/wine/spirits/soft drinks prices are comparable to reasonable UK pub prices and you don't have the service charge that RCI applies, so you'll find it cheaper overall. Costa coffee is chargeable, but you do get a free cake with it if you want. :D

Hello,

Tea & coffee is available free either in your cabin or in the self service restaurants all day. Orange juice is also available free at breakfast time.

You can also get free tea in the main dining room at breakfast & after dinner.

You can also purchase tea or coffee at the coffee bar (sorry not sure which one Java or Costa is on Ventura at present) & you get a free cake or sandwich to go with it.

From my recent trip on Britannia cola was £1.95 for a standard & £2.50 for a large.

P&O also do a soft drinks card, which gives you 20 soft drinks for £35.

I hope this helps.

Joan

Thanks for the reply Trish :)

Are P and O strict with embarkation times? With Royal Caibbean I arrive as soon as the terminal opens :D

We've never found them strict and always turn up quite some time before our embarkation time. We just get handed a check-in card and have never been told off at the check-in desk for being too early :p

yes you can go to the buffet and grab a drink anytime and take out on deck - or go back to your cabin and make one there. Any unused drinks left on the card at the end will not be refunded - just be aware of that if you buy several cards for soda.

We took two teenage girls the same ages with us a few years ago. We decided on adjoining inside cabins. Thank God we did. We couldn't get into their cabin for clothes, makeup, hair accessories etc littered all around the room. How the steward managed to make beds and clean is beyond me

Thanks for all the replies

So if I want a coffee in the day I can go to the buffet restaurant and take it out? ☺

Bizarrely P&O being a sort of British cruise line they have a kettle in your cabin with tea bags and coffee sachets little milk cartons etc. These are not to be found in the cabin on most US lines. You can of course go to buffet and get a cuppa but you still make it yourself up there. When pricing cabins it is sometimes very close on price on a cabin for four as opposed to two cabins for two. That will be one adult and child in each cabin wink wink.

Regards John