Changing the beverage package

vmcpa

As a perk we received the classic alcohol beverage package. One person in our group wishes to change the classic alcohol beverage to the premium nonalcoholic beverage package. A call to celebrity told us that this is not possible. I believe the alcohol package is somewhere around 50/day and the nonalcoholic is around 19/day. Does anyone have experience in changing the beverage package?

As a perk we received the classic alcohol beverage package. One person in our group wishes to change the classic alcohol beverage to the premium nonalcoholic beverage package. A call to celebrity told us that this is not possible. I believe the alcohol package is somewhere around 50/day and the nonalcoholic is around 19/day. Does anyone have experience in changing the beverage package?

The premium nonalcoholic package is much cheaper per day....$22/day vs $55/day for the classic. There is no benefit to changing to a cheaper package....just keep the one that is on the booking and order the beverages they like. They will be able to order anything under the $ amount...the classic package also includes sodas and bottled water.

Edited by snowmc

They are not wanting an upgrade. They want to go from Alcohol to non alcohol. Some have reported success if you go immediately to Guest Relations. Do not order a drink prior to making the request and you may be successful. Be aware that some have reported that their request was turned down. All you can do it try but do not order a drink first!

Edited by WestLakeGirl

You can upgrade on board but I'm not sure about "downgrading". Are the prices equal, that is the Classic and Non-Alcohol? I would check that out and then call Celebrity again. It all depends on who you speak to on any given day. If you are using a TA, let them try to do it for you.

Good luck

Pat C

You can upgrade on board but I'm not sure about "downgrading". Are the prices equal, that is the Classic and Non-Alcohol? I would check that out and then call Celebrity again. It all depends on who you speak to on any given day. If you are using a TA, let them try to do it for you.

Good luck

Pat C

As was noted previously, the nonalcoholic package is cheaper than the classic package....since the passenger only wants nonalcoholic beverages, they can keep the classic package and just order the drinks they prefer. There is no need to downgrade....no benefit to the passenger....all beverages included in the nonalcoholic package are included in the classic.

Actually, there are a few non-alcoholic drinks that are covered in the Premium Non-Alcohol package that are not on the Classic Alcohol package. These include the premium waters (Perrier, San Pellegrino), Vitamin Water, and Red Bull. There may be others.

Some people have reported success switching the packages at Guest Relations immediately upon boarding; others have reported being refused.

We have successfully down graded one of us in the past from the classic alcoholic to the premium non alcoholic.

We did this on the Millie last November, went straight to guest relations and asked. Told them we weren't interested in the price difference and were just looking to get DH access to the an pellagrino that he likes. He does not drink alcohol for medical reasons.

They spoke to the Beverage Manager who said it wasn't policy but in this case would allow it.

We will be trying this again when we are on the Equinox in August.

Not true that both in a stateroom must have the same package, maybe at booking this is so, but once on the ship, one can upgrade and roommate is not required to upgrade also

Perhaps some confusion with other cruise lines that require both to have the same package?

Both people in the same cabin are required to have the same package. The exception may be if one person is under age.

This is a misconception. We always have 2 different packages as my OH is teetotal, so he has a Premium non-alcohol one and I have a Classic Package. Never been a problem.

Not true that both in a stateroom must have the same package, maybe at booking this is so, but once on the ship, one can upgrade and roommate is not required to upgrade also

Perhaps some confusion with other cruise lines that require both to have the same package?

If you purchase the packages yourself this is correct, but if part of a promo (eg Go Big, Better Best) then all in the cabin must have same promo, thus same drink package of this is offer taken.

Agreed once onboard, there is no restriction on just one person upgrading (or attempting to downgrade!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talk to guest relations about swapping, if you don't get anywhere speak to the beverage manager and explain that you don't want to drink alcohol so can they please help. My mum doesn't drink alcohol and they were good enough to switch it to obc for her which was used to buy her non alcoholic drinks. We didn't get the value of the classic package X days but it was enough to get a few drinks a day

Edited by Tiggertastic

On our last cruise, we both had the classic Alcoholic package as a perk.

My husband upgraded to Premium and paid the fee. I downgraded to premium non-alcoholic as I am alergic to alcohol.

At first, they were hesitant for my downgrade saying that I could not get money back for the difference since it was a free perk, and I said I totally understood that. Was done with no problem.

Edited by angelhelly

Talk to guest relations about swapping, if you don't get anywhere speak to the beverage manager and explain that you don't want to drink alcohol so can they please help. My mum doesn't drink alcohol and they were good enough to switch it to obc for her which was used to buy her non alcoholic drinks. We didn't get the value of the classic package X days but it was enough to get a few drinks a day

You were in the same cabin and you had the drink package as your perk and they gave your mum an OBC instead of the package? Wouldn't that be the same as two people in a cabin selecting two different perks?

You were in the same cabin and you had the drink package as your perk and they gave your mum an OBC instead of the package? Wouldn't that be the same as two people in a cabin selecting two different perks?

Once on ship they have the latitude to make common sense changes. :D