Grand Princess Mini-suite bath tub size

SantaFeFan

My wife has had back problems for decades. She finds that soaking in a hot tub for a half hour before bed time helps her sleep more peacefully, which in turn helps her get through the next day with less discomfort. So, we booked a mini suite on Grand Princess for out June Alaska cruise.

I have searched Cruise Critic and the internet and have not come across the answer to this question: What is the size of the bathtub in the mini suites? How do they compare to the standard size of tubs in American homes, which are 60" long and 32" wide?

Thanks for any information on the size.

It's like most standard tubs: Large enough for most women to soak and too damn small to be of use to me. It seems to be either like a standard tub or, if it is smaller, barely smaller. My guess is that it's like a normal modular tub. Seems like it would be the most economical thing to buy a standard enclosure.

• 3 months later...
Daft question, but what is the height of the bath?. DH has slight mobility problem and if higher than normal would struggle getting in for a shower. First time mini on the Royal.

Thanks

Not daft at all. I found it seemed a bit higher to get in and out of than a standard tub at home. I'm sure you will get better input but that was my impression. It seemed like, when I showered, I had to step farther down when getting out than I do at home.

Not daft at all. I found it seemed a bit higher to get in and out of than a standard tub at home. I'm sure you will get better input but that was my impression. It seemed like, when I showered, I had to step farther down when getting out than I do at home.

Agree -- I find it much deeper than our tub at home. Great for soaking in.

Daft question, but what is the height of the bath?. DH has slight mobility problem and if higher than normal would struggle getting in for a shower. First time mini on the Royal.

Thanks

I find UK tubs quite deep so he may be fine.