Disney Wonder on Webcam showing her being stripped

Ex techie

Looks like Ariel has moved so the other staircase is actually gone, just as expected.

Yes, my feelings are the same as Moki'smommy, they destroyed the atrium with the removal of the Starboard staircase.

Such a shame an Imagineer did this.

ex techie

I'll grant you the new chandelier will take getting used to, I think the strong red color is a bit over powering for the palette of the rest of the atrium. However, I do think removing one of the stair cases in no way has ruined the atrium. Sailing on the Wonder twice (and I know many of you have sailed many many more times than I) I did notice on both trips that the usage of the staircases was limited to the one that was nearest the corridor on Deck 4, and the other one was rarely if at all ever used. I think the removal won't take away from the flow of the atrium, in fact I think it will enhance it since they'll have a much larger space to stage entertainment with out having to come down the steps into the main space itself and forcing the crew to cordon off valuable floor space that could hold more guests to view said entertainment. I for one am very excited to see all the changes when we sail on her in April for the WBPC re-positioning trip to Vancouver.

Whoa, I just found my new favorite place.

I just found out those two pictures are actually CGI and not real pictures!

Scott on the disneycruiselineblog posted a screen shot that shows the real backbar with a cool logo of a fish with a crown, but yes it does look great!

Wonder-Dry-Dock-2016-USAToday-After-Hours-Crown-Fin-Pub-Mirrors.jpg

And the second screenshot picture in post #229 is from Tiana's Place, not the Crown and Fin :)

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

ex techie: I do like the new lighting fixture in the atrium....i think it's very attractive...

i actually like it better than the old hanging thing...

i never liked that....and given that i'm a worst case scenario sort of person, i always worried that it would come crashing down :)

I think it would like it better if the large piece was centered in the ellipse with 2 smaller chandeliers at each end. I like symmetry (the staircase is a big issue to me at least!) and I have no idea why have 3 different sizes?

ex techie

IMG_2873.png

And the second screenshot picture in post #229 is from Tiana's Place, not the Crown and Fin :)

You can just make out Tiana's (animated) grandparents in cameo frames, just to the left of the USA Today logo, and the news headline seems to be about Naveen, right next to the original art-deco "Tiana's Place" that was signed in the movie.

Edited by EJanss

You can just make out Tiana's (animated) grandparents in cameo frames, just to the left of the USA Today logo, and the news headline seems to be about Naveen, right next to the original art-deco "Tiana's Place" that was signed in the movie.

I've never seen the movie, but now you point it out :)

ex techie

I think it would like it better if the large piece was centered in the ellipse with 2 smaller chandeliers at each end. I like symmetry (the staircase is a big issue to me at least!) and I have no idea why have 3 different sizes?

ex techie

i also prefer symmetry, however it's possible they did it this way to somehow visually offset the lopsided lobby resulting from the removal of half the staircase....

it's hard for me to get a good feel for it from that picture of the lobby...

but i actually do like those 3 lights for some reason - i don't know why...

the style of the fixtures is not at all my normal taste....i tend to go for very modern....but i like the look of these fixtures...go figure....

and i love the color of them....again not a color that i would choose, but the color of the fixtures appeals to me..

as for suitability, red was quite common in the old ocean liners....at least it was very present on the ones i was on...

all i can say, is i like it from what i can see from the pictures....

perhaps in person i won't...

OK! You've piqued my interest! How did you know that Host Mick?

ex techie

The row of dark gray "boxes" visible between the doors in the center vertically are PLC (programmable logic controller) modules, and from their size, shape, and color they are most likely Siemens (the touch screen says Siemens). Used pretty widely in the industry, along with Allen-Bradley and other brands.

The row of dark gray "boxes" visible between the doors in the center vertically are PLC (programmable logic controller) modules, and from their size, shape, and color they are most likely Siemens (the touch screen says Siemens). Used pretty widely in the industry, along with Allen-Bradley and other brands.

Very eagle eyed of you and Mick!

ex techie

Siemens S7 PLCs apparently with a touch-screen display. Nice stuff.

I used to build control panels like that in the mid-90's. Lots of familiar stuff in that panel. The ones I worked on were mostly for pump controls for water and wastewater plants, so pretty similar.

Niiiiice!!!! Wish I was being rewarded with a delicious DCL meal!!!!

Yep! Well deserved IMO after such a stellar job!

Plus the servers will need to get their rhythm back after the long break in drydock.

And I guess the new cast "Wonder 34" will have been rehearsing for Pirates Night and practicing the rappel from the funnel, and Mickey's slide across the deck too!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie