Oceania brochure shows incorrect categories?

Chris86

I received a brochure today from Oceania. It listed pent suites from 5775. VS from 7341. OS 9120 for a july 6 sailing. Jumping online I found the insides @ 5775. Veranda @ 7371 and pent @ 9120.

Still new to O. Now is this an amazing brochure offer or a complete misprint? If so they have done this for every cruise advertised in the northern glaciers brochure.

I received a brochure today from Oceania. It listed pent suites from 5775. VS from 7341. OS 9120 for a july 6 sailing. Jumping online I found the insides @ 5775. Veranda @ 7371 and pent @ 9120.

Still new to O. Now is this an amazing brochure offer or a complete misprint? If so they have done this for every cruise advertised in the northern glaciers brochure.

Perhaps the difference is one is a cruise only price?

Im from Sydney Australia. So everything is olife choice. No cruise only options. Quite a negative mistake since its the entire brochure. Since they send something every other day I guess they quit checking anything all together.

Im from Sydney Australia. So everything is olife choice. No cruise only options. Quite a negative mistake since its the entire brochure. Since they send something every other day I guess they quit checking anything all together.

Just curious

are the prices in USD or AUD?

We get some sale brochures with pricing in CAD so just curious

Just curious

are the prices in USD or AUD?

We get some sale brochures with pricing in CAD so just curious

We always receive them in AUD. however the Olife choice is USD (example 800USD to spend onboard plus free internet)

• 4 weeks later...

The prices in the brochure are shown as

eg 'Awe of Alaska'

eg Vista Suite from AU$4190 per guest

and the disclaimer states ..... Australian dollar fares are per person .... Port taxes/fees of AU919 are included in the cruise fare"

Note that the published Australian fare prices must include all costs, including tips.

We attempted to book one of these cruises and Oceania refused to provide it at the advertised price. This is quite illegal, as a supplier must provide services and goods at the advertised price.

If it is a publishing error they are certainly not admitting to it.

Our experience is that Oceania are not exhibiting good business practices.

It is my understanding that Oceania Cruises does not sell their product directly to consumers in Australia-

Therefore, they would have had no reason to produce a brochure for distribution there.

Identify the business which produced that literature.

The prices in the brochure are shown as

eg 'Awe of Alaska'

eg Vista Suite from AU$4190 per guest

does it say specifically the Vista suite is $4190 or fares from $4190 ?

Usually the VS are one price there is no other price point like with PH1 PH2 etc.. where the prices do differ

Even with the air included price here the VS are $7999 pp

Oceania now have a booking office in Sydney and deal direct with the public. The brochures are produced by Oceania and are tailored for Australia with AU$ prices.

I've researched this further and the good news is that Oceania is now represented in Australia by Oceania Cruises Inc. which (in their words) "acts for the owners of the ships".

The bad news is that it says this all over their website:

*Offers and fares are subject to change on 4/1/17. Visit OceaniaCruises.com (i.e. the American Site) for current pricing.

Is it your position that the brochure in question does not contain that proviso?

In reply to 'JimandStan" and to LHT.

All the categories in Awe of Alaska are shown as 'from AU$xxxx'. In fact, the same applies to all cruises in the brochure.

If accessing the Oceania .com website from Australia, the prices are shown in AUD. It is difficult to view the offerings in other countries such as US or Canada. I tried the link to "view complete terms and conditions associated with this special offer" but that part of their website is currently down.

All the categories in Awe of Alaska are shown as 'from AU$xxxx'. In fact, the same applies to all cruises in the brochure.

If accessing the Oceania .com website from Australia, the prices are shown in AUD. It is difficult to view the offerings in other countries such as US or Canada. I tried the link to "view complete terms and conditions associated with this special offer" but that part of their website is currently down.

Funny that you managed to leave all of that out of Post #10. :cool:

Listen, we get it, you suspect that you may be able to wheedle some advantage out of Oceania being so new in the Australian Trade, since the AU pricing requirements are so very different from those of North America and Europe.

We can't fault you for that, better in your pockets then theirs and all of that, but it isn't necessary to cast aspersians of untoward behavior.

-and by the way, when your Computer prevents you from seeing ANYTHING that goes against your position.....it looks like your just not trying ;-)

if it says FROM next to the pricing then that is usually the bottom category at least it is for most brochures I have seen

The T & C should be noted in the brochure as well as on the website

Sometimes it is hard to understand the marketing babble

if it says from next to the pricing then that is usually the bottom category at least it is for most brochures i have seen

the t & c should be noted in the brochure as well as on the website

sometimes it is hard to understand the marketing babble

+ 1