May promo?

TardisDance

Has anyone heard any rumors from their TAs on what the May promo might be? I'm trying to see if I can snag a deal on the July 4th Gem Bahamas cruise, and the hope is that it will go down further in May.

It seems like variations of this freestyle promo will never go away. Of course, if this promo finally ends, I'd hope to see a significant price drop ;)

Free Dining - book now, hurry. New bookings only ... (trending, see the newest current Sun promo being tested now)

Those "friends" of TA should know shortly ... :D for real, of course.

Edited by mking8288

Just got an email alert from one of our TA contacts, "The Drink Package will be removed from the (NCL) Freestyle Choice Promotion on April 30, 2015"

"Google" is your friend of the above for any additional info or details - as this should be floating around by now. :D

Just got an email alert from one of our TA contacts, "The Drink Package will be removed from the (NCL) Freestyle Choice Promotion on April 30, 2015"

"Google" is your friend of the above for any additional info or details - as this should be floating around by now. :D

From the current Sky promo, it appears that they are testing the free alcohol as a standard part of cruising with NCL. Its only for Sky cruises, which is actually surprising, because usually short 3-4 day cruises to the Bahamas are jokingly referred to as booze cruises.

I can't imagine they won't roll out the Freestyle promotion periodically throughout the year, or at least annually?

Unless this has been a total money loser for NCL and they are losing more than gaining from having it.

Who knows?

We never considered cruising with NCL until the Freestyle promotion came about. So it did work on us.

It looks like they are toying with many different scenarios to find the best money making scenario.

Has anyone heard any rumors from their TAs on what the May promo might be? I'm trying to see if I can snag a deal on the July 4th Gem Bahamas cruise, and the hope is that it will go down further in May.

It seems like variations of this freestyle promo will never go away. Of course, if this promo finally ends, I'd hope to see a significant price drop ;)

Both of our upcoming cruises with the package are significantly cheaper than our last one and it's the same ship and itinerary. One is even longer. Prices have now gone up a lot as it has in years past. So if and when the drop the current promotions I would not expect to see a lowering of price.

We never considered cruising with NCL until the Freestyle promotion came about. So it did work on us.

Same here - we have always found better deals on land based All Inclusive vacations. But this promo has us booked on two cruises in the next 6 months, so excited!

Just hoping I won't get sea sick! :)

Just booked 2016 fall on the Dawn. We are in a 2 BR suite and first 2 get drink package, others in same cabin get soda's only. We all get the dining package, first 2 get tips included, other will be paid for. Cabin also gets $175.00 toward a shore excursion. Best part for us is family sail free, almost we pay for their port & tax charges.

If all goes well we will sail Boston RT Bermuda all together for the first time in years. Not sure if we would have looked at this without the promotion.

=?

We never considered cruising with NCL until the Freestyle promotion came about. So it did work on .

This is 100% true for us. We always cruised RCL or Carnival, but recent drink packages changed things. I booked X for our March 2015 cruise. When we started looking for a summer 16 cruise, I only considered NCL and X because of how much we enjoyed that package on X. The worst part of cruising had always been budgeting our drinks on board, so eliminating that opens a whole new world! I have a RC cruise booked next year, and I honestly wish I had booked NCL under the current promotion, but we are going with a group, so it is too late for that! So....for us, it works! I hope NCL will continue it.

I am glad I booked under this promotion. It really is the only reason we looked at NCL again. I am not a big fan of anytime dining. I really felt like we had to wait A LOT for dinner. Like going to a main stream restaurant on a Friday night but hopefully the drink package will keep me buzzed enough not to notice....

Here's to it

Shani

Here's this morning promo preview from TA on NCL, book those deals or lose more ?? Have fun sorting it out, less is good for business.

Those offers are shrinking and no free gratuity paid for by NCL.

uploadfromtaptalk1430144569316.jpg.d95fd2215a35a6a87641d38b426f0421.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430144590377.jpg.863099b5431991216fd07d44765e1ae3.jpg

Details of what the TA called 3 Strikes

#1 - The Drink Package will be replaced by an internet package on May 1, 2015

#2 - The Dining Package is being replaced by a $75 onboard dining credit per person

#3 - The shore excursion credit is being reduced to $50 per port from $75 per port AND

The Prepaid Gratuities is being replaced by a $50 onboard credit per cabin.

Haven Guests - Book Now or lose $900 value in your added perks

The Good News is .... Book by April 30, 2015 ... PLUS 1/2 price deposits up to April 30, 2015 ...

Isn't all these nice deals, wonderful - hurry. Maybe this will lower some of the off-season fares, wishful thinking - of course.

I'm darn sure some of you have gotten the email too, or check with your own personal TA quick. Those phone lines & booking systems could be jammed & crash on April 30 with the mad rush. But, no, we won't be any part of it. :D

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

I just wish they'd throw solos booking studios a bone and $25 OBC isn't cutting it.

I second that completely! The OBC interiors on older ships with the 200% is a complete joke. $12.50 should never be seen again for a studio since it doesn't even pay for one day's service charge anymore! :(

I booked the escape yesterday for 2017... I had chosen the UBP promo, but just called and switched to the UDP instead... We just got off the Pearl... drank a max of 2 drinks per day... so just for rounding sake $40 a day for the room. On a 7 day cruise that would have cost us about $300. The dining package would have cost us $357. Not a huge savings but some... and I am partially rolling the dice... if the free booze on the Sky works out, it might roll out to all the ships by 2017, and then we will have both. *fingers crossed*

Going June 19th on the dawn out of Boston. Still want to wait 3yrs ago booked obstructed cabin for $1,000.00 in may. Two days later dropped to $650.00 a person. Was not happy. They did upgrade me to a balcony so that made up for it. Figure with the snow we had in Boston this winter, kids are in school until end of June. Don't and hope it does not fill up.

I'm darn sure some of you have gotten the email too, or check with your own personal TA quick. Those phone lines & booking systems could be jammed & crash on April 30 with the mad rush. But, no, we won't be any part of it. :D

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Concur. Just got off the line with my NCL PCC, and booked the Escape for March 2016. So that's "three future cruises in the hand" with the UBP. He confirmed that promo ends this week. I might spend tomorrow searching for another one to book - I like those UBP deals!

We booked our first ever cruise last month (June 6th 2015 sailing on Getaway). I've been reading CC every day since we booked, and even though there has been some grumbling about the recent changes, I have already decided that we're going to have such a fantastic time that I'll want to go again. I had planned on buying FCC once onboard to get the free OBC on our current sailing then booking a future cruise when we get home.

With the Freestyle promo changing at the end of the month, should I try booking something now, before the change takes place? If I do book now, what happens to the promo I booked with, will it change, or do you always keep what you have when you booked?

We booked our first ever cruise last month (June 6th 2015 sailing on Getaway). I've been reading CC every day since we booked, and even though there has been some grumbling about the recent changes, I have already decided that we're going to have such a fantastic time that I'll want to go again. I had planned on buying FCC once onboard to get the free OBC on our current sailing then booking a future cruise when we get home.

With the Freestyle promo changing at the end of the month, should I try booking something now, before the change takes place? If I do book now, what happens to the promo I booked with, will it change, or do you always keep what you have when you booked?

The deposits required are really low right now (unless you are booking a Haven suite) so if you know what cruise you want and like the pricing and perks available book now. The cruise rewards are good for 4 years so you could still go ahead and buy one when you're on your June Getaway cruise. We've booked 3 cruises under the current promos - beverage package for two of them and one is in a suite so "all four" suite promo perks apply. I requested amenity confirmations for each cruise and have them printed :)

The FCC costs $250 and they'll credit your on board account $100 so your net cost is $150. You don't have to worry about spending the $100 OBC because it really just offsets part of the $250 cost. You can wait a few days into the cruise to make sure cruising is for you before you make your purchase. Getaway is our favorite ship to date - have a wonderful time.

The deposits required are really low right now (unless you are booking a Haven suite) so if you know what cruise you want and like the pricing and perks available book now. The cruise rewards are good for 4 years so you could still go ahead and buy one when you're on your June Getaway cruise. We've booked 3 cruises under the current promos - beverage package for two of them and one is in a suite so "all four" suite promo perks apply. I requested amenity confirmations for each cruise and have them printed :)
So we do keep the promo that was in effect at the time of booking, even if the promo changes later on?

The FCC costs $250 and they'll credit your on board account $100 so your net cost is $150. You don't have to worry about spending the $100 OBC because it really just offsets part of the $250 cost. You can wait a few days into the cruise to make sure cruising is for you before you make your purchase. Getaway is our favorite ship to date - have a wonderful time.

Lost me a bit here...If I do FCC for $250 and spend the $100 OBC, then will I have only $150 to apply towards a future cruise?

So we do keep the promo that was in effect at the time of booking, even if the promo changes later on?

YES :) that's why it is good to have written proof of what promo or promos you received when you booked.

Lost me a bit here...If I do FCC for $250 and spend the $100 OBC, then will I have only $150 to apply towards a future cruise?

Sorry to confuse you. The great thing about the FCC is although it only costs you net $150 you still have the entire $250 to apply towards a future cruise. In most cases it can serve as the entire deposit for the cruise. That isn't the case on certain higher classes of suites but on those you can still use the FCC towards the required deposit.

Edited by kjquilts