Pre-Cruise Hotel in Miami

Mimimama2004

Hi all!

I'm very excited for our upcoming cruise on the Divina/Yacht Club. I'll definitely pay it forward and bring my spin on things with a review once we arrive home. I've REALLY enjoyed reading all the threads and beefing up my knowledge of MSC.

I do have a question re: pre-cruise hotel in Miami. We are booked at the JW Marriott/Brickell and wondered if anyone has experience with this hotel and/or if there's a better option. We were recently told it's more of a business hotel and not very kid friendly. We are 2 adults and an 11-year-old son who loves a great pool - we just want to be fairly close to the pier and airport - and love a great hotel.

Thanks! :)

We love the EB hotel, it's beautiful with sleep number beds.

Another vote for the eb hotel. ask for an upgrade. they will do it for free. The room is beautiful and you get a nice breakfast buffet that is included. While it isn't in the heart of Miami, the hotel and service great. it also has a very good bar and restaurant.

We've found several hotels that do that but they are kind of pricey. Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon. We've stayed at both of those when they had deals and they are very nice but we usually stay at the LaQuinta East by the airport. It has been renovated and is pretty nice, especially for one night. We just booked it for the end of July at a rate of $104 plus tax. This includes the one night's stay, breakfast, Wi-Fi, parking during the cruise, and one way shuttle to the cruise port. Their biggest problem is there are no restaurants nearby. It is in an area by the Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites. Those two charge $17 per day parking even when you're actually staying there. We ate at the Embassy Suites the last time we stayed there but in a few weeks we are going to just pick up a Subway on our way to the hotel.

You could also check stay123.com for their deals.

Anyone know of any hotels that have a package that will include parking for the duration of a cruise(9 days)?

I've used parksleepfly.com, even though it says fly you can choose a cruise port also. They offer several hotels and parking comes with it. I stayed at Hyatt Place last time. Up to 14 days of parking was included.

There are a couple of websites that offer this type of package.

Edited by Crzyfrk62

Thanks everybody for your suggestions...I'm thinking a lot about the intercontinental - looks great!!

I'm assuming there's lots of cabs to get to POM?

Plenty of cabs but Uber is a better deal and you can get an Uber SUV for just a little more and still less then a cab...

Thanks everybody for your suggestions...I'm thinking a lot about the intercontinental - looks great!!

I'm assuming there's lots of cabs to get to POM?

Cabs are lined up out front. We just booked it for the 4th of July before our cruise on Tuesday. Used one of those popular bidding sites and got a great deal on a room overlooking the bay and the fireworks. (It's typically the only hotel that comes up as a 4.5 star hotel in downtown Miami).

We have stayed there before every Miami cruise and like it so much that we sometimes add a few days before or after the cruise just to enjoy the hotel and the surrounding area.

We love the Intercontinental. Incredible views of the port if you get a room on the Bay side.

Hi there are two Intercontinental - which one is better? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We love the Intercontinental. Incredible views of the port if you get a room on the Bay side.

Can you tell me which intercontinental hotel you are referring to?

Hi there are two Intercontinental - which one is better? Thank you!

Intercontinental Miami at 100 Chopin Plaza in Miami. Join their loyalty program for free and they will give you all kinds of perks.