Antarctica--Robin West??

MomC

I just looked at an article in the Hearld and it said that the Expedition Leader for this year's Antarctica sailings is someone other than Robin West. Can anyone confirm this? I know he is doing the Route of the Vikings this summer, but we loved him on our Antarctica sailing over the holidays this past Christmas and New Year's.

Mom C

Say it isn't so! :eek: Can you post the link where you read this please?

-------

I just talked to Seabourn who says he is still the expedition team leader in Antarctica this coming season.

Edited by zelker

Say it isn't so! :eek: Can you post the link where you read this please?

-------

I just talked to Seabourn who says he is still the expedition team leader in Antarctica this coming season.

I just talked to Seabourn who says Robin West is still the expedition program manager in Antarctica this coming season. I think you're referring to the blurb in the Herald about Ignacio Rojas who is the expedition leader (and likely reports to Robin).

You had me worried there for a minute! :p

Hello... I had the pleasure of having dinner with Robin on Quest last evening. The rumors can stop; he isn't going anywhere and will be on board for this year's Antarctica season, although only from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia (and vice versa). He is skipping the Chilean fjords segments to spend more time with his family.

As the Ventures programme spreads across the entire fleet for the New Zealand fjords (winter 2016/2017), Alaska (summer 2017), etc. I'm guessing it will become more difficult to predict which ship Robin will be on, as there will be multiple "leaders" and a much larger Ventures team.

Floris

Seabourn is returning to Alaska?

Yes. The last cruise announced for the Soujourn in May 2017 is from Japan to Alaska, ending in Seattle.

http://www.seabourn.com/find-luxury-cruise-vacation/FindCruises.action?destCode=O&dateCode=5_2017&durationCode=&cfVer=2

When we were on the Soujourn a couple of months ago, the word was that Soujourn would stay in the area and do several Alaska cruises the Summer of 2017.

I hope florisdekort can tell us if Robin West had more info on Alaska and the Ventures program there. Any schedules released on board yet?

Edited by marazul

Sojourn will do 8 14-day Alaska cruises during the summer of 2017 and then reposition back to Asia. There will be a full Ventures programme on board for the Alaska season! :) No schedules as of yet however.

Edited by florisdekort

Sojourn will do 8 14-day Alaska cruises during the summer of 2017 and then reposition back to Asia. There will be a full Ventures programme on board for the Alaska season! :) No schedules as of yet however.

Wow! Thanks.

Hope they keep this up for more than one year. It should be very popular.

Florisdekort,

Thank you for confirming the good news about the 2017 Alaska summer season --- now I can extend my travel planning. I am sure those cruises will be very popular. Glad to also know it will on Sojourn, one of the new "little sisters"as opposed to the Encore class of ships (which will then be the big sisters).

BTW, a good friend Carole G from Calofornia is on with you -- hope you have been having a good, smooth cruise.

Nice, I may yet be able to catch a Seabourn cruise without having to fly to the other side of the country or into a distant country.:D

Thank you for that info, I was hoping after seeing the last scheduled cruise from Japan that there might more Alaska cruises - although when I raised that question at dinner with a certain Captain of many years working with Seabourn a few years ago he told me it would not happen, I guess some more enlightened minds got together - another item on the long list that Seabourn is taking care of for me, what a great outfit!