Queen mary - ghosts?

kdinkus1

I know that the subject of 'ghosts' will either bring out the believers - the skeptics - or those who will make fun of this question. :) (I was not sure where to post this at so it may be moved but I do hope I will get a few comments first) Anyway - I am curious for those who have stayed on the Queen Mary before or after their cruise; have you ever experienced anything strange or unnerving? My DH booked us a two night pre-cruise package and though I'm excited, I have been reading about people who have questioned certain 'happenings' on board. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything odd while staying here? Thanks!

We stayed on her last December and didnt meet the ghosts but they do have a special tour for this.

I saw that too. However, not really interested in going on a search for them. Real life is bad enough... ha Also, I wanted to tell you that a comment you made on another post was hilarious! (about 'just call back' if you want a different answer. I will never forget that quote!!) I tried to post a reply but they had locked the thread...

I saw that too. However, not really interested in going on a search for them. Real life is bad enough... ha Also, I wanted to tell you that a comment you made on another post was hilarious! (about 'just call back' if you want a different answer. I will never forget that quote!!) I tried to post a reply but they had locked the thread...

Thanks but others have said it before me so cant claim ownership of that one.

A friend of mine was staying on the Queen Mary and while walking down the halls, he heard a man and woman screaming. He mentioned it to the staff and they told him that they don't rent out the room, because of a murder that took place there. They opened the room for him and it was just bare walls and floors. Apparently a man got upset and killed his wife in that room and at times people can hear the argument.

Don't worry, ghosts don't exist.

I work at a hospital. My unit used to be an oncology unit and I could tell you so many stories. Come to work with us. My unit would change your mind :)

OP-I clicked on your thread because I saw the title. I would love to see the QM in person one day, and if you happen across a ghost or two, they don't bother you unless you bother them. I hope you have a great time and come back to us with pictures!!!

I work at a hospital. My unit used to be an oncology unit and I could tell you so many stories. Come to work with us. My unit would change your mind :)

OP-I clicked on your thread because I saw the title. I would love to see the QM in person one day, and if you happen across a ghost or two, they don't bother you unless you bother them. I hope you have a great time and come back to us with pictures!!!

Right, and the tooth fairly, Easter Bunny, Humpty Dumpty, etc, etc all exist.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

KELKEL2 : I know that most people are skeptical when it comes to 'ghosts'. :eek: However, I have 'seen' things all my life and I no longer try to convince the skeptics that spirits do exist. ha So when I saw that the Queen Mary has a ghost tour, I began to worry a little. (my DH booked the pre-hotel room) Needless to say, I was just curious if anyone had seen anything themselves.

Also, I will take pics and let you know should I experience anything! LOL!

Edited by gammy3gks

We did the tour a couple of years ago. I am usually a non-believer but we had some strange experiences on that tour. We just did the everyday tour, not a ghost tour.

There was a large steel staircase that was used to go from one deck to the next. There were 15 or so people on our tour we all used those stairs. My mom was close to the end of the group and as she stepped down the whole set of stairs shifted and she ended up falling flat on her backside. Luckily she was ok, but there was NO explanation as to why those stairs slipped. The tour guide was baffled.

Shortly after that, as we entered the room that the stairs led to (I can't remember what type of room it was) we were looking around and there was suddenly a cold breeze that went through the room. The skeptical side of me says it was a gimmick by the tour operator, but nonetheless, it was creepy.

The last thing that happened I most likely did to myself. They took us to the swimming pool area that is supposed to by VERY haunted. We were in the locker room, standing in individual shower stalls, in the pitch black. I suddenly got this overwhelming feeling that someone was behind me and I needed to get out of there. I think I probably freaked myself out, but I listened and LEFT!

So, I'm not 100% convinced that there are ghosts there, but I NEVER intend to go back!!! The place is just old and creepy! (and I'm a whimp!):(

So, I'm not 100% convinced that there are ghosts there, but I NEVER intend to go back!!! The place is just old and creepy! (and I'm a whimp!):(

LOL! Thanks for sharing your story and although I'm still concerned, I am more than excited to take part in the Queen Mary experience. I have no doubt that once on board, I may regret this but we will see. I just know that if anything 'odd' takes place, it will make an interesting story to share here! :eek:

I have not been on the QM but am booked for one night pre cruise in January, 2016. I have had personal encounters on several occasions beginning when I was just a child and I do believe that there are different forces out there based on those experiences. I was not looking for these things to happen, but they did. Once on board the Queen Mary, I will be realaxed and have an open mind.

My first ghost encounter happened when I was about 9 years old. I grew up in Miami and my mother's best friend, Vonnie, was very sick with cancer. We drove to my grandparents' home in Birmingham, AL for Thanksgiving, and my mother hated leaving her sick friend behind at this time.

Well, on Thanksgiving day at 4:30 AM I was woken up by Vonnie at my bedside and she was looking for my mother. I rubbed my eyes and told her that my mom was in the room next door. Then Vonnie vansihed before my eyes. When I realized what had just happened, I sat bolt upright in my bed, then ran to the other room to tell her that Vonnie was here and she was trying to find her and I think that she died! I was in a panic state by then and my mom just told me I was silly and to go back to bed. I crawled in bed with my mom. I could not go back to the other bedroom by myself. An hour later, 5:30 AM, the phone rang and it was Vonnie's husband telling my mom that Vonnie had passed away an hour before. I told my mom, "See?!!!!". She never would talk about it with me, ever. At any rate, we were up and packed the car and went home to be with my mom's friend's family.

Yup. I am a believer.

Yes, Husky61, we heard you the first time. Your skepticism is duly noted.

Now, can the rest of us have a conversation here without any further ridicule?

I have as much right to post here as you do. And my comment wasn't ridicule.

I've been to several notorious haunted places, but never had even an inkling of something strange, EXCEPT on the QM. That little tiled room with the pool in it creeped me out. I've been to Halloween parties on the QM and never saw or felt anything. But every single time I was in that room I could not wait to get out. The sensation is oppressive. I'm neither a believer or a nonbeliever. I simply realize there is too much out there we can't explain.

I understand Huskie61's skepticism... most everyone I know feels the same. My DH used to feel that way too. Since being married to me, he has come to realize that strange things do occur that have no plausible explanation.

Since 5th grade, I have witnessed the strange comings and goings of 'spirits'. People may be adamant that they aren't real but it's only because they themselves have never experienced it. They may never. And honestly, I wouldn't want them to see or feel some of the things I've witnessed over the years.

That was why I asked about the Queen Mary - knowing that they have 'ghost tours' means the possibility of them making themselves known. It will be interesting to see if anyone (besides vwrestler71) has stories about this ship. I do my very best to not go looking for it but if it's there... not much I can do to escape it. :eek: ha

Anyway... I have no idea how long this thread will keep going but am enjoying reading people's opinions and stories. I hope they keep coming.

Edited by gammy3gks

My daughter and teenage granddaughter belong to an organization that had a convention on Queen Mary.

DD thought the "Ghost Tour" was sort of fun and interesting. DGD and her friends thought it was totally lame. :rolleyes:

LuLu

I have stayed on her 3 times. All different rooms on different floors. Never had anything happen.

Growing up we had a lot of "happenings" in our home. My mom still lives there and things are still happening. I am a believer in ghosts/spirits, but unfortunately on the QM I didn't get to experience anything.

Well, I am a first timer here but had to get in this one. I used to be the same as "Husky61" believing there was never anything to the ghost stuff. Over the years I have very much leaned to what "elfie" posted: "I'm neither a believer or a nonbeliever. I simply realize there is too much out there we can't explain." I thought that was a very good way to put it. Can I say that I have had anything happen to me that I thought was a ghost? No, but I also know that I cannot explain away some things that do happen.

By the way, the OP is my DW. I am also one that very much believes in the Trinity and pray for those that don't.

Well, I am a first timer here but had to get in this one. I used to be the same as "Husky61" believing there was never anything to the ghost stuff. Over the years I have very much leaned to what "elfie" posted: "I'm neither a believer or a nonbeliever. I simply realize there is too much out there we can't explain." I thought that was a very good way to put it. Can I say that I have had anything happen to me that I thought was a ghost? No, but I also know that I cannot explain away some things that do happen.

By the way, the OP is my DW. I am also one that very much believes in the Trinity and pray for those that don't.

Thanks for the prayers, but it really isn't necessary. Until I'm asked to part the seas or can see someone else do it, I'm gonna look at religion and the afterlife the same way I look at any other work of fiction. I do appreciate your consideration for where I end up once I die, but I'm content with being in the ground or an urn in the end. If I end up in Hell at least I know I did my best trying to be a good person and give back to others.