Characters you have met on your cruise(s)

"Queen" M.....n on QM2 last year. Unfortunately I was sitting near her in the coffee shop and got an ear full of her life story. Onto her 3rd millionaire husband, proud of her son who had so many professional qualifications he must have first graduated uni as a 5 year old, she despised her daughter etc etc etc. Funny thing was that she just happened to be in the cabin next to some of our travelling group in an inside!!!

I think the stories were more a figment of imagination considering the luxury suite stateroom she described as being hers for the entire cruise.

One cruise we were on had 'Lord and Lady Glen...'. That was the name they were known by and also the name on the card outside their cabin. This is a Scottish 'title' that anyone can buy on line. Prices range from AUD$54.

Haha, yes, I have heard of that . Was thinking of buying it for my son who has scottish heritage, he is an Alexander.

They sell small plots of land on a heritage listed property, the money helps to rejuvinate the hills and countryside. In doing so, as "landowners" you are able to use their title, Laird, Lord or Lady of Glencoe

You can visit the land and plot you own.

I was going to do it for a bit of fun:') not sure I would be putting on my cabin door!!!

https://www.highlandtitles.com/

Haha, yes, I have heard of that . Was thinking of buying it for my son who has scottish heritage, he is an Alexander.

They sell small plots of land on a heritage listed property, the money helps to rejuvinate the hills and countryside. In doing so, as "landowners" you are able to use their title, Laird, Lord or Lady of Glencoe

You can visit the land and plot you own.

I was going to do it for a bit of fun:') not sure I would be putting on my cabin door!!!

https://www.highlandtitles.com/

My son has one of these. He got it when he was 21 and so his bank account says he is a Lord (always a good conversation starter with the tellers when he wants) as does his ID and all the things he got from Uni.

We met some of the loveliest people on our cruise - we were table mates and now we're friends for life. It's funny how we all ended up together - we noticed two ladies sitting by themselves at their table next to us (their table

mates never showed up), and we were by ourselves too, then a massive family came along and demanded they all sit at the three tables they had chosen next to each other. One of which was ours. So my hubby and I looked at the ladies next to us and asked if we could join them, then along came some other couples and we had the best two weeks of our lives together. We ended up doing trivia together each day - and if we could organise it, if jump at the chance to cruise with them again.

Funniest thing? The three table family shows up for a grand total of one meal 😆

On the last night of a 20 day PNG cruise on Dawn Princess, was leaving the Wheelhouse Bar and noticed an elderly man sitting alone so decided to say hello. Anyway after a bit of a chat it turned out he knew my father as they were in the Navy together in WW2 and both did the very first Sydney to Hoabart yacht race (on different boats) in 1946. He also knew my brother as he lived in the same suburb. Small world!!

After a couple of hours talking, the bar closed up and our drinks ran dry - but before we adjourned for the night, he picked up his walking stick and unscrewed the handle and topped up our glasses with port from the hollow stem and mentioned something along the lines that they would never think to look there.

Was a pleasure talking to him and I often wonder how he is.

I love this story so much!