Specialty Restaurants For Suite Class

actuarian

My wife and I booked a 9-night cruise on the Constellation in a Sky Suite. Since the Suite Class description says that Sky Suites include "two complimentary dinners for all guests in suite (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant", I called Celebrity and tried to make reservations for the two dinners. I was told that complementary specialty restaurant dinners have to be booked on board the ship. This seems to mean that the complementary dinner perk is only offered when the specialty restaurants are not sold out in advance (as Tuscan Grill often is). In other words, it is kind of like the standby upgrades sometimes offered by airlines. However, the words "subject to availability" do not appear anywhere in Celebrity's description of suite class. Seems a bit deceptive to me...

My wife and I booked a 9-night cruise on the Constellation in a Sky Suite. Since the Suite Class description says that Sky Suites include "two complimentary dinners for all guests in suite (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant", I called Celebrity and tried to make reservations for the two dinners. I was told that complementary specialty restaurant dinners have to be booked on board the ship. This seems to mean that the complementary dinner perk is only offered when the specialty restaurants are not sold out in advance (as Tuscan Grill often is). In other words, it is kind of like the standby upgrades sometimes offered by airlines. However, the words "subject to availability" do not appear anywhere in Celebrity's description of suite class. Seems a bit deceptive to me...

I had the same concerns as we are doing a B2B soon in a Celebrity suite and I wanted to make specialty restaurant, but my Celebrity contact assured me that I will have no problem booking the day and time of my choice since suite guests are given preferred reservations.

We'll see if that is true!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This has not been our experience and we always book suites. In fact, our last cruise was on Constellation last December. We have always called in advance for our complimentary specialty restaurants, but in fairness, we wait until after final payment has been made. We like to know that we have reserved space in the restaurant of our choice on the day of our choice. We waited to book on board one year and ran into difficulties getting a reservation at Murano, so we did not fall into that trap again.

If you are sailing on the Nov 28th itinerary, I don't think your final payment is due yet. If this is the case, I would wait until after final payment and call again. You just have to reinforce that you are calling for your complimentary evenings so that they do not charge you in advance for the booking.

If there has been a change in corporate policy, then you may not have a choice, but I would not give up.

Randy

Not true you have to wait. Call the specialty services (or whatever it's called) and they will book the free dinners for you. They might show up on your reservation as a charge but there is no charge. We've done this at least 10 times. There is a special number and the people there actually know what the heck is going on about suites and the free dinners. I just don't have the number handy but someone surely does.

If you get on board and want to change them to a different time or date you can.

As Claudia and Gdpups say, just phone the suite help line and they will book Speciality slots for you, even for times not visible for normal on-line advance reservations. They couldn't be more helpful. Or, a half decent TA will do it for you as well. We've always done this for formal nights when not wishing to use up valuable airline luggage allowance on a penguin suit and evening dresses.

As Claudia and Gdpups say, just phone the suite help line and they will book Speciality slots for you, even for times not visible for normal on-line advance reservations. They couldn't be more helpful. Or, a half decent TA will do it for you as well. We've always done this for formal nights when not wishing to use up valuable airline luggage allowance on a penguin suit and evening dresses.

I just called the Celebrity number in the prior post and talked to a very helpful person. She is able to make a specialty restaurant reservation over the phone but only for the days/times that are shown as available now via the online process, even for the complimentary suite reservations.

She did say that there are times not shown online which are held for reservations made onboard, and suite guests have priority. She has never heard of a suite guest having a problem getting their preferred time when making the reservations onboard.

Guess we'll just see what happens.

As the previous commenters have said, you can book your reservations once on the ship. After you meet your butler, let him know which restaurants and nights/times you are interested in and he can take care of getting your reservations made. I've never had a problem getting the days I have wanted, but may need to be a bit flexible with the times. It's always worked out. Have faith and enjoy your cruise! :D