Another Question on Status Match

Into Cruising

I thought I read somewhere that the status match is a one time event.....it was meant to get you to try, and then to continue to sail on MSC but your subsequent sailings start you over in their loyalty program, from the bottom.

However it seems many on here have traveled multiple times and continue to be entitled to the Black card experience, if that was their initial match.

Can someone set me straight.

Not sure if it changed, but I did a status match on my Oct Divina cruise. I was awarded Black status on MSC. Its rules were once I sailed, my status was extended for 3 years from the time of the status match date. Based on that experience (which was wonderful), I booked the Meriviglia for this upcoming November as a Black Status. My understanding is my status would extend 3 years out from that cruise.

In brief, as long as you cruise at least every 3 years with MSC, you'll retain your status match.

Just checked my account and my black status points have increased and the expiry date extended to 3 years from January. My previous expiry date was May 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how they are deciding on the number of points they give you for the status match?

They gave me only 1 point. So I'm at the entry point of the classic only. That's ridiculous... I am silver with NCL with 28 points. I was expecting a similar match...

Does anyone know how they are deciding on the number of points they give you for the status match?
I don't think they do any complicated calculations. If they decide your competing level is equivalent to Classic, they give you 1 point. If they decide to give you Silver, you get 2200 points. I don't think there are any intermediate outcomes where someone receives 1000 points after Status Match, for example.

However, even though I have since taken a cruise with MSC, since I did not do a status match at that time, can I do one now?

You can still do it, but I don't know if they will add your existing points to whatever points they give you for the status match. What competitor status are you planning to apply with? If it's something that would put you back at 1 point (Classic level), it would obviously not be worth it.

I only did a status match for dh, since I was only interested in the 5%.

However, even though I have since taken a cruise with MSC, since I did not do a status match at that time, can I do one now?

I think the answer is yes. try claiming your past MSC cruises as well

based upon this evidence

CURRENT VOYAGERS CLUB MEMBER?

If you have already travelled with MSC Cruises or you are a current MSC Voyagers Club member, please follow the below steps:

Simply fill our form and start enjoying the world of the MSC Cruises.

You'll need your card number, photo of membership card (or other proof) and issue date of current loyalty program to complete the form.

1. Gather your card number, photo of membership card (or other proof) and issue date of current loyalty programme.

2. Fill in and submit the registration form (all fields are mandatory).

3. The MSC Voyagers Club team will contact you with the details of your new loyalty statu

Pete

You can still do it, but I don't know if they will add your existing points to whatever points they give you for the status match. What competitor status are you planning to apply with? If it's something that would put you back at 1 point (Classic level), it would obviously not be worth it.

It would put me at Black

Where does it show the expiration date? Sailed Divina in November and when I asked the loyalty desk, was informed it doesn't expire. I was to Silver if that makes a difference

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

From the T&Cs

1.5 Length of Membership

MSC Voyagers Club membership is subject to a minimum of one cruise every three

years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years (36 months) or no cruise

has been completed in 3 years after the enrolment date, membership to the MSC

Voyagers Club programme will expire.

For example: if the last disembarkation date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completed

by 30.01.2018, the membership will expire.

If the registration date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completed by 30.01.2018, the

membership will expire.

Should the membership expire, passengers must subscribe to the MSC Voyagers Club

again. Subscription will be subject to the conditions stated. A new Club identification

number will be assigned.

Pete

Does anyone know how they are deciding on the number of points they give you for the status match? They give you the minimum in that tier:- 1pt for classic; 2200pts for Silver ;4300pts for gold ; 10000 pts for Black

They gave me only 1 point. So I'm at the entry point of the classic only. That's ridiculous... I am silver with NCL with 28 points. I was expecting a similar match.....

Pete