Tux (formal coat) rental QM2 inquiry

dfwguy

Help!

I just discovered my Tuxedo (formal coat) has shrunk a few inches , from my last voyage in 2012 .

My crossing is in 2 weeks.

Has anyone first hand experience with rental of a tuxedo (formal coat) on QM2? Good experience?

Must it be reserved in advance?

Or, it it simply better to purchase a new coat?

One can rent the Tux on board, along with shirt and accessories, but I am of the mind that buying one and making sure it fits properly (sleeves, pant length, etc.) make more sense especially if your going to wear it more than once. If you in the US, Jos A Bank has several variety's (single breasted, double breasted, white or black) and the price is reasonable. about the same as renting.

Help!

I just discovered my Tuxedo (formal coat) has shrunk a few inches , from my last voyage in 2012 .

My crossing is in 2 weeks.

Has anyone first hand experience with rental of a tuxedo (formal coat) on QM2? Good experience?

Must it be reserved in advance?

Or, it it simply better to purchase a new coat?

dfwguy,

I did in the past a longtime ago and it did work and all spec's were ok. Plus you get to leave it on the ship.

They use to include a brochure in the printed tickets and called a 800 number.

I do agree a proper fitting makes you feel more confident gotten land based. Our local tux store had one in 5 days if you tell them the situation.

If you are going to use it in the future or continue to cruise on, it would pay for itself after a few times.

Good Luck.....Bon Voyage

DFW -- if you need a quickie tux in a pinch a lot of Tuxedo rental places or bridal salons with tux rentals will sell off stock. You can usually get a real good deal for less than $100 for a new one. It pays to check into something like this.

enjoy your cruise

One can rent the Tux on board, along with shirt and accessories, but I am of the mind that buying one and making sure it fits properly (sleeves, pant length, etc.) make more sense especially if your going to wear it more than once. If you in the US, Jos A Bank has several variety's (single breasted, double breasted, white or black) and the price is reasonable. about the same as renting.

Likewise, in the UK, Marks & Spencer is a good source of an inexpensive cruise/crossing tuxedo.

With Jos A Bank timing is everything. You need to catch one of the 2-3 days every month or so when all store stock is 70% off.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Your great advice is appreciated.

In fact, I purchased a Tuxedo (via E-bay) from a formal wear Co., selling off last years models

($29.99 with free shipping !)

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Your great advice is appreciated.

In fact, I purchased a Tuxedo (via E-bay) from a formal wear Co., selling off last years models

($29.99 with free shipping !)

Bon Voyage! and what a Steal....GREAT!