Credit Card Charge for balcony cabin

Aussie One

two weeks after i arrived home checking my credit card statement for the cruise there was a extra charge against my cabin for $23,00 for amenities please note this was not a mini bar charge. what is amenities ? the room steward must have charged this. Aussies

Seems like a wild guess that a room steward would charge something to your account...

Have you called X to find out what this charge is yet? Sorry, you would have mentioned that in advance, I trust.

Report back once you have all the information to request some input or ideas, otherwise this sounds like wild conjecture before having all information in hand to evaluate... could be a mis-charge or late charge etc...

Hopefully, you had a great cruise otherwise...

Seems like a wild guess that a room steward would charge something to your account...

Have you called X to find out what this charge is yet? Sorry, you would have mentioned that in advance, I trust.

Report back once you have all the information to request some input or ideas, otherwise this sounds like wild conjecture before having all information in hand to evaluate... could be a mis-charge or late charge etc...

Hopefully, you had a great cruise otherwise...

yes i contacted X and they credited monies back to my Credit card with no explanation Aussie

That's interesting as we had approximately the same amount charged to us too. The amount worked out exactly to 6 cans of pop + 18% that were left in the minibar. I even joked to my DH that I bet we get charged for them when I did my final sweep of the cabin before we left.

Hard to control beach towels when they are freely available on the pool deck

Different towels given in the room...

The cruise ships on a typical cruise handle thousands of transactions, it would be unusual for a mistake not to happen. The important thing is they handled it, the charge could have come from a thousand locations or items.

When onboard Your State room TV will show the Accounts? Were they looked at any time during your trip, to see any charges made?

A photo of the mini bar, requesting to lock it day one, oe those who empty out and reloading back to use as their fridge? Bar may have a weight scale?

Towels are the same as pool towel, not marked or any different, there are a few color variations yes, Towels in state room we put to the side.

Maybe those charges were forgotten to be taken off and it happens. nothing new. or wrong room charged.

When onboard Your State room TV will show the Accounts? Were they looked at any time during your trip, to see any charges made?

A photo of the mini bar, requesting to lock it day one, oe those who empty out and reloading back to use as their fridge? Bar may have a weight scale?

Towels are the same as pool towel, not marked or any different, there are a few color variations yes, Towels in state room we put to the side.

Maybe those charges were forgotten to be taken off and it happens. nothing new. or wrong room charged.

In regards to our situation, our account was $0 on the morning of disembarkation. We frequently check the accounts in order to catch any unusual charges as it's much easier to take care of them prior to disembarking.

Our minibar was never used during the cruise at all.

There was not a problem at all with getting the charges removed upon returning home.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

And it was called a simple mistake so nothing wrong with that right? your account was right, at close out and if you did not check your CC bill you be 20.00 plus less. If it was to your favour would you be complaining?

NO!

Edited by gopro63

yes i contacted X and they credited monies back to my Credit card with no explanation Aussie

The mistake was corrected. As we say where I live: "No harm, no foul". I've had similar experiences and not just on cruise ships. I always have a Premium Beverage Package and as you, had a zero balance when I left the ship. When I arrived home I noticed a separate charge for a soda. Called Celebrity and removed within seconds. Not always so easy with other companies as I've had to wait several months for some to credit my account after a mistake.