Candles?

holomuku

I'll remember that! I always thought a Google search would pull up more "junk" than using the Princess site or Cruise Critic. I apparantly need to learn how to Google.

Also, you can google

what-you-are-looking-for princess site<colin>boards.cruisecritic.com

I always find that faster than the CC search.

If this is a concern for you, maybe the OFF! Mosquito Repellent Clip On Fan would be a good choice? Battery operated and you can wear them or just place them near you. Here is the link for them on Amazon, but you can find them on other sites as well: http://www.amazon.com/OFF-MOSQUITO-CLIP--STARTER-3-Pack/dp/B00MNRK2GK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454814663&sr=8-2&keywords=OFF%21+Mosquito+Repellent+Clip+On+Fan

We're doing a Caribbean trip late March. We're thinking about bringing citronella (anti mosquito) candles for our balcony. Does anyone know if Princess has an issue with candles on the balcony? I don't see them as a prohibited item on the website, but they also use the disclaimer that other items can be refused. I watched a video of the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and it didn't really look like a "real" candle was being used. Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you in advance.

As a couple that has done balcony dining 15 times, you will not have any trouble with any bug what so ever.

Probably because candles aren't prohibited, but lighting them is.

Ie it's fine to take candles bring home from a port but open flame is prohibited so you can't light them.

Not on Princess, but this past summer we cruised to Bermuda on NCL. Bought candles at the street fair in Hamilton and upon returning to the ship, they were confiscated. Of course they were returned to me on the last night.

I've never had an issue with getting bit by anything on the balconies of the ships, been all over the Carib, South America and Mexico and never had an issue, not sure that you need anything like this, perhaps bring some bug spray just in case but I spend a lot of time on my balcony reading and cannot remember ever getting bit. Now on shore..............bring deet!!!

Not sure if the OP has ever returned (I stopped reading after the first page).

But...If you were living on land, bugs rarely fly above the 7th floor. Using that same "theory", I doubt that you will find many bugs flying higher than deck 9 or above (where balconies begin).

We're doing a Caribbean trip late March. We're thinking about bringing citronella (anti mosquito) candles for our balcony.

As others have pointed out, lighted candles are a big NO.

If you are worried about mosquitoes or other bugs on the balcony. there is no reason to worry. There will not be any.

The Star Princess had a terrible fire from something on a balcony. I'm not sure they ever determined what the exact cause was. I had been on her soon before this happened. As fate would have it, I saw some interior pics of the fire and they showed the exact cabin we had been in. Gave me chills.

star1.jpg.7ad31a717fa9bc27093f1e2d4b37f9ad.jpg

The Star Princess had a terrible fire from something on a balcony. I'm not sure they ever determined what the exact cause was. I had been on her soon before this happened. As fate would have it, I saw some interior pics of the fire and they showed the exact cabin we had been in. Gave me chills.

Let's go with "a smoker", Richard.

Mosquitoes require standing water to populate. Since you are high up on a balcony I would find it hard to believe you are in any danger from them. When you get off the ship, well that's a different story. If for some reason you experience flu like symptoms (fever, and aches) go see a doctor immediately.

I did a quick search on amazon.com and found several of the mosquito repellant wristbands. Just type in "mosquito wristbands" in the search box and shop to your hearts content. We use amazon for practically everything and are very satisfied with products and shipping times.