Quantum Class

Ovation of the Seas will be visiting Australia soon. I am contemplating joining a voyage. I am wondering why Anthem and Quantum of the Seas have 50% or less for satisfaction as per the cruise reviews on CC? For example, Radiance has 82% satisfaction. Voyager of the Seas less. What do you think?

I think it stems from the Dynamic Dining. A lot of people hate it, which is why they've reversed their decision to roll it out to the rest of the fleet. It will apparently be staying on Quantum class ships.

I think that could be it.

I think a lot of people have gone expecting it to be like other cruises .They were probably expecting it to be a ship :D rather than a floating Las Vegas style resort.

It does not suit everyone , but they seem to be packing them in and many are coming back for more , so they must be doing something right.:):)

I think a lot of people have gone expecting it to be like other cruises .They were probably expecting it to be a ship :D rather than a floating Las Vegas style resort.

It does not suit everyone , but they seem to be packing them in and many are coming back for more , so they must be doing something right.:):)

That seems the fast becoming a decision.

Do you want a cruise ship?

A Las Vegas resort on water? Or

A theme park on water?

But hey we are all different.

Exactly..

and what a choice we have these days...:)

My kids don't generally holiday with us anymore, so for me it's simple I cruise to cruise I guess if I ever get Grandchildren I may want Theme Park cruises.

Would I be tempted by the dogged cars, you bet, but my doctor would kill me, so hat will have to wait till I have grand kids as an excuse.

Dynamic dinings part of it. Plus there's been some dissatisfaction with the onboard facilities and service, teething issues, and itinerary problems. Basically a range of stuff.

A lot of cruisers have had expectations based on past experiences, and to date it hasn't been so in line with those.

Have been on Anthem in June and have booked Ovation for a New Zealand cruise so no complaints here. We probably prefer my time dining but can also see the advantages of Dynamic dining. I have a teenager so we prefer the bigger bells and whistles ships but don't agree with the Las Vegas allusions. We hate Las Vegas!

If you read the reviews you will see that a lot of the negativity could have been avoided with research ahead of the cruise. For example the 3 night cruises have similar menus in each restaurant, dynamic dining exists, if you want to dine in The Grande then you need to dress up, certain times are best for North Star to avoid a long wait and so on. The professional reviews are all in the 90s which is a better indication.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so looking forward to Dynamic Dining on our Ovation cruise - it's part of why I booked on her. The different décor of each restaurant & food options will be much more interesting than the MDR & existing specialty restaurants.

Can't wait!

I don't think it's Las Vegas either, you make a cruise what you want it to be & having options doesn't mean you have to take them. It's the décor on some ships that make them look Las Vegas to me & from what I'm seeing of the Quantum class they are very stylish not tizzy.

I am also looking forward to the additional stage & aerial shows in two70, the ifly sky diving, the larger stage shows in the main theatre, the multi level pools in the adults solarium & the North Star will be fun just to try as well.:)

I think the other reason the ratings are lower is that there are much fewer reviews currently for Quantum class ships because they are newer. If you look through the Radiance and Voyager reviews for example you'll probably find quite a number of negative reviews but tempered by the larger numbers of positive reviews. Don't place too much value on the % satisfaction rating in its raw form. It is misleading. Opinion does depend on expectation, whether its a family cruise review as opposed to a couple or even a solo traveller.