Tampa to Fort Lauderdale

klangel

We are thinking about going on a cruise to Cuba. Disembarking will be in Tampa at 7am. After getting off the ship we need to get to Fort Lauderdale because we want to take another cruise and need to be on the ship by 2 pm

How many hours will it take from Tampa cruise port to Fort Lauderdale cruise port? What is the best transportation and the cost? Someone mentioned to me that taking a taxi is around $75. Has anyone taken a taxi? Is there a shuttle bus? Looking forward to all replies

Do the self walk off, have a rental car reservation and drive. It will take about 4 hrs, give or take. It would cost WAY WAY more than $75 for a cab or car service. We're snowbirds and winter in Englewood, about an hr and 1/2 and 90 miles south of Tampa and if we fly into Tampa that's about what a car service costs just to Englewood.

Given that you can't be certain what time you will be able to actually be off the ship in Tampa, and that morning traffic in the Tampa are is usually horrendous ( better on weekend mornings), I think it's be difficult to be sure you can make it to FLL in the timeframe you have. I live in the TPA area and know the traffic issues well.

You might look into flying between TPA and FLL. It's a 1 hour flight with Southwest, and the airport in FLL is pretty close to the seaport .... about 10-15 minutes by taxi.

Don't forget!!

Fog delays Cruise Ships in Tampa @ times.:(

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6785

I was just going to write the same thing. We were on the Carnival Pride and fogged in with three other ships along side us and we could not pull back into the Tampa Cruise Port. It was crazy. We were not able to go under the Tampa Bay Bridge until 11:30am and disembarkation did not begin until close to 2:00. Sooooo many people missed their flights home. Not a pretty sight.

I forgot about that, too. The cruise we took out of Tampa, we sat out in the harbor because of fog and didn't proceed under the bridge and dock until after noon! If that were the case for you , you'd NEVER get to FLL in time.

We live near Tampa and go down to Ft Lauderdale the day before in case of: brush fires closing the interstate, Alligator Alley closings, traffic accidents, road construction, etc. Last trip down added 1 1/2 hours due to construction and traffic conjestion.

I wonder if a new cruise iterenary to Cuba adds any customs clearing time once back in the US. $75 cab fare won't get you very far.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

Celestyal Crystal (yourcubacruise.com) has weekly departures from Havana and Montego Bay for a circumnavigation of Cuba. You could easily fly back to south Florida for your subsequent cruise, allowing a buffer day for just-in-case situations.

Edited by CocoLocomotion
Edited to add cruise line and ship name so moderators don't mistake yourcubacruise.com as a travel y.