Question regarding booking sure excursions prior to cruising

MsSoCalCruiser

I remember that Princess allowed booking of shore excursions without payment prior to cruising but then I think I heard somewhere that had changed and you had to prepay when you booked the excursion.

My friends have received many great suggestions for shore excursions for their New England cruise on the CC thread that I started and now they are ready to book.

Thank you all for your replies and for always being so helpful, it is much appreciated!

Thank you! This is truly quite confusing. :D

Last time I checked, it amounted to...

Cruises starting this Fall, will require payment to hold a Princess excursion. So, for my October Panama cruise I had to pre-pay for the excursions I wanted.

Second, if you have OBC that came as part of your booking or from Military, that OBC can be used to pay some/all of the payment. When you go to pay, if you have available OBC it will tell you how much you have that can be applied. My wife ran out of OBC but I still had plenty, so a call to Princess was required to book both excursions using my OBC.

I have seen that pre-buying OBC did not count, and could only be used once onboard. At least that is the way it was a couple of weeks ago.

• 5 weeks later...

Our November Europe cruise does not require pre-payment for excursions but our Jaunuary Mexico cruise does require pre-payment within 24 hours of reserving the excursion.

I imagine at some point pre-payment will be the norm for all our Princess cruises.

The aforementioned November Europe and September British Isles cruises are still part of the 'summer' European itinineraries. After they transatlantic back to the US they start in with the next season and are changing to the new prepay requirement. Just as the January Mexico cruise shows.

Trying to prepay excursions for hawaii,samoa, tahiti but the site won't let us complete transaction. Nothing wrong with credit card, we have been trying for a few days sent email to princess (waiting). Any suggestions

Which page locks up or doesn't work? If you clicked through to the payment page, where it first tries to pay with your OBC, you have to unclick the check box where is says apply credit. Then you will see the two other payment options, Credit card or PayPal.

If you change your mind and want to cancel a tour after you paid with either credit card on OBC, can you do this in your personalizer?

Yes, you can cancel in Cruise Personalizer. I had booked several excursions and used up our OBC and had to pay about $20 through credit card for the balance. When I canceled one of the excursions, I got the $20 back as OBC.

But yes...you can cancel through Cruise Personalizer.

Which page locks up or doesn't work? If you clicked through to the payment page, where it first tries to pay with your OBC, you have to unclick the check box where is says apply credit. Then you will see the two other payment options, Credit card or PayPal.

Nothing locks up. Just says can't accept credit card at this time. This has been going on for 3 days. No reply from Princess. If we can't book excursions might cancel cruise