Lost property on silver spirit

apuleius

I was on the west Caribbean ex FL on Silver Spirit in January and left an inconsequential item of clothing on board and was shocked at how much SS wanted to charge to mail it back to me. Any other experiences of lost and found items?

I was on the west Caribbean ex FL on Silver Spirit in January and left an inconsequential item of clothing on board and was shocked at how much SS wanted to charge to mail it back to me. Any other experiences of lost and found items?

We are currently on board and would be happy to try to mail it back to you when we return if you are in the US.

Oops, just noticed that you are in the UK. It would probably cost us as much as SS, but let us know anyway.

Edited by Emtbsam

I am NOT surprised how SS is handling this.

Below is CruiseCritics posted data regarding former cruiser ratings:

- Silverseas scored the LOWEST satisfaction ("Loved It" ratings) among these small ship, luxury cruise lines.

- Silversea had the LOWEST percentage of "Excellent" reviews and the HIGHEST percentage of "Terrible" reviews.

Azamara: 85% Loved It, 4 Stars Overall and 4 Stars Value

Crystal: 84% Loved It, 4 Stars Overall and 3 Stars Value

Seabourn: 83% Loved It, 4 Stars Overall and 4 Stars Value

Regent: 71% Loved It, 4 Stars Overall and 4 Stars Value

Silversea: 66% Loved It, 3 Stars Overall and 3 Stars Value

Edited by Kilroyshere

We left $3000 worth of Swiss Franc in an envelope laying on our bed. SS not only attempted to contact us immediately after we left the ship but, kept trying until they reached us. Then instead of trying to send us the funds, it was hand delivered.

SS is a first rate company.

We once left a very expensive camera lens in a drawer on a Crystal sailing. When we reported it the lens was found and shipped to us at no cost. I am shocked that SS would charge you.

We had the same experience on Crystal last year. Only it was a cheap travel clock with sentimental value. Not only did they not charge us, they mailed it via overnight delivery!

Sorry, but this one about 'We left $3000 worth of Swiss Franc in an envelope laying on our bed' is just too wacky for words.

When you are leaving a Cabin, there will be nothing, I repeat, nothing other than what you saw when you walked in! As for an envelope on the bed!!

And, so, how many other things 'laying' on the bed could've obscured your vision of an envelope there? Answer: None!

Leaving clothing in a drawer I can partly understand. But, even then, you go through and look into those 3+ times, surely. Only if the ship is sinking and you're abandoning it could you miss 'an envelope laying on the bed'.

And, walking down the passageway, neither of you said: "Ya sure you got the 3000 in Swiss Francs?"!!

Edited by Alipius

We use a cross check system. Nothing in the drawers check and cross check, nothing on the bed or under. Nothing in the safe. Nothing in the bathroom. Do you have your custom form filled out with your passport etc. We learned this system after we left an expensive Nikon lens in the closet several years ago which was returned to us free of charge.