Whisper WC.2 Lima to Papeete

duct tape

You better love sea days to be here! Missed Easter Island, heading for Pitcairn. Lots of folks disappointed but it is always a crapshoot!

Sorry for those that missed it, but crapshoot it is. Better luck with Pitcairn, but considering the steepness of the road up from the dock you may be better off if the Pitcairners come aboard.

Beware of Pirate Pawl.

IMAG2242.jpg.16a4c6937481986279e452763d66c828.jpg

Sorry for those that missed it, but crapshoot it is. Better luck with Pitcairn, but considering the steepness of the road up from the dock you may be better off if the Pitcairners come aboard.

C'mon Silver Spectre! Where's your sense of adventure? Pitcairn is one of the most remarkable places on the planet and to be deterred by a small climb uphill is rather sad, don't you think? If you don't step foot ashore you can never claim to have been there.

And as I have said on another parallel thead about this cruise, the Whisper and those useless tenders are rubbish when it comes to visiting islands like these.

C'mon Silver Spectre! Where's your sense of adventure? Pitcairn is one of the most remarkable places on the planet and to be deterred by a small climb uphill is rather sad, don't you think? If you don't step foot ashore you can never claim to have been there.

And as I have said on another parallel thead about this cruise, the Whisper and those useless tenders are rubbish when it comes to visiting islands like these.

Its not called 'The Hill of Difficulty' without reason. Ok for us fit, younger folks, but not a good walk on a wet and windy day.

Interestingly the Explorer was there a couple of days before us and Sujit smashed up one the Zodiacs trying to get to the dock.

Go to Google Maps and you can now Streetview it from the dock up to Adamstown. Nowhere is safe from the big G anymore.

Edited by Silver Spectre

We have so far been blessed with sun and warm temps. Today we woke to rain and slightly rougher seas.

DSC00399_zps7s78mr1x.jpg

It is exhilarating to stand on the balcony in the mist and drizzle and admire the force of the seas. I felt like Captain Bligh! :)

Thanks Silver Spectre! Turns out a couple loads of passengers are going ashore briefly in the boat that brought the shore party over with their goods for sale. We watched passengers getting into the boat from our balcony. Definitely a tricky operation and not suitable for anyone with fragile bones like moi! Myster also decided he did not need to experience the leap so we both watched from afar! Still the island is awesome! Pics will follow.

There is a child on that boat! Wonder when they allowed children back on island.

I think you will find that the children never left, other than perhaps for schooling in NZ.

Not sure if this is still true but as at Feb 2015 there had no children born on Pitcairn for 4 years, slow population decline.

Day #11 @ sea. I really think the natives are getting restless. About 100 folks went for the Pitcairn landing. Colin and crew are working very hard to entertain the crowd. Thank goodness the weather remains terrific![emoji568][emoji474]

Do you think you will go from Lima to Papeete without getting off the ship? As someone who uses cruise ships as taxis from one place to another, I think I would have jumped overboard by now.

Arrived Moorea, IMHO, the most beautiful place on the face of the earth. Glorious views, verdant hills, crystal clear waters...oh my! In Cook's Bay along with the Paul Gauguin and another small ship. Off to one of our favorite places for lunch with friends. The trip is going well but I feel like it is amateur hour with tiny things that don't work. God is in the details, SS. Maintain what you have rather than expanding!