Upgrade to Brittania Club on QE?

Perezcruz

Did they tell you the exact location of the cabin into which you would be up-graded?

That would be a consideration for DH and me. We always ask the up-grade fairy what, precisely, she has in mind… "Good location" (which can be an individual preference) and "up-grade" are not always one and the same (in our opinion).

I understand there is more flexibility when dining in the Club, but that has never been important to us. But, if it is to you, congratulation !!!!

I was upgraded to Britannia Club on my last Cunard cruise. Although I tend to go to dinner at the same time each night, it was nice to be able to be seated if I arrived at 8:15 or 8:20. I was at a large table and a couple of the ladies ate when the restaurant opened so I only saw them a few nights. There were some foods that were prepared at the table which was different from the MDR. Also, the "always available" items are actually printed in the menu.

I found my cabin on deck 8 noisier than the one I had on deck 7 the previous year but since it was only for 12 days it was not that much of an annoyance.

All in all, I enjoyed the upgrade but would not spend the extra for Britannia Club (especially since I travel solo).

We paid for the upgrade to Britannia Club on the QMII and will do it again. We enjoy the ease of entering the dining room when we are ready to eat. We had a great table for 2 with a window every morning, noon and night. Same wait staff (who were not especially fabulous, but I know some PAX like to get to know their servers), and we made good friends with many passengers sitting around us. There are a few extra menu choices on the Britannia Club menu. We do enjoy the Britannia ambience and beauty, but the Club is a sweet restaurant, and I recommend it. In fact we are now in the process of booking a Britannia Club cabin on a QM crossing for 2016.

Is there a difference between Britannia Club and Britannia Restaurant?

The Britannia Club restaurant on QE is a separate dining room that only seats about 80 people. The Club restaurant on QM2 is a special section of the MDR. QV does not have Britannia Club.

Edited by Scrapnana

Is there a difference between Britannia Club and Britannia Restaurant?

Yes. On the QM2 it's a section "partitioned" off in the MDR. On the QE it's a separate rest. outside of the MDR. You have single time seating at your leisure. There is also a decent Al a Carte selection along with the standard menu. It's not the same as the Grills, but still much less frenetic than the main Britannia rest.

There are three photos of the QE's Britannia Club restaurant toward the end of this set of pictures:

All best wishes,

I never grow tired of your photographs, Pepper! Such a beautiful ship! Such a talented photographer!

Thanks,

Jimmybean

Just off the QE 2 weeks ago - fantastic voyage - we booked two Club Britannia rooms mid ship deck 8, absolutely no noise whatsoever. Previous sailings we have also had the more forward Club Britannia rooms on Deck 8 and again no noise. The staterooms are the same, but you have 2 bottles of Pol Aker, chocolate strawberries and choice of pillows!

What makes it for us is being able to dine at anytime you want and having somewhere tranquil to enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner, the service was outstanding and we cannot fault anything. Sonny (Maitre d') does a sterling job making his special crepes & flames at your table, and if you want more of something or something different he can arrange it for you. Do I believe it is worth paying more for Club Britannia - you bet, already thinking I need to squeeze another voyage in Sept/Oct, if you get a free upgrade your laughing all the way ..... enjoy

Thank you so much for all your advice/tips, really appreciate it.

Decided to upgrade, never been on Cunard, so nothing to compare it to but couldn't resist!!! thanks again :)

It's still possible you may get upgraded to the Grills. Keep your fingers crossed!

I never grow tired of your photographs, Pepper! Such a beautiful ship! Such a talented photographer! Thanks, Jimmybean
Thank you jimmybean :o . Yes, QE is a lovely ship, I hope to sail on her again next year sometime. Thank you again, really kind and generous of you.

Sincere best wishes and happy sailings :)