Would you recommend a New Years Cruise?

CruiserFromFL

Just curious if anyone has taken a New Years cruise and if you would recommend them? Taking the sunshine on an eight day next march will be my boyfriends first cruise and was debating booking the 7 day breeze for New Years next year. So any insight would be welcomed.

Do you mean over New Year's Eve or early January? We do a Christmas new year cruise every year for the last 6 and again this year. We find the parties are great, the ship is still decorated from Christmas but they hike the prices of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, you will have a blast and they do it up on NYE, everyone was having fun and it went on late into the night. You will more than likely pay a higher premium to cruise over NYE but it was worth it for us and a blast! Go for it!!!!!

We have been on several NY Eve cruises and really like them - you still have the Christmas decorations up, there is an air of celebration throughout the cruise and a big party(ies) on NYE. Would recommend it -- loads of fun

;p By all means do,we did this last NYE on the Vista and it was one heck of a party. I have been in Time Sq. many times on NYE and the Vista out did and then some. We have one booked on the Breeze for NYE 2081into 2019. So excited even though we have to wait a year and a half (LOL)

I have a bit of a different view on this subject. We did a back to back for Christmas and New Year on the Magic this past Christmas 2016 and New Year 2017. Everybody is right on about it being so much fun. My problem was all the unsupervised kids onboard. I love kids, I cruise with my grand kids so please don't think I'm hating on the kids. But they were doing cartwheels on the Lido deck, wrestling, screaming at each other. Running up and down the stairs, scuffling while we were in line and almost knocked my friend down. Knocking folks into the pool. So if you don't have a problem with any of this, then go for it. It was fun except for what I mentioned. I had always wanted to go on a Christmas cruise, but after all that, it was my last holiday cruise.

Like smarks, I also have a differing opinion. We did a NYE cruise a long time ago (probably around 2002-2003) and were not impressed at all, and it may have changed. The ship WAS decorated nicely (which was fun) but as far as the festivities on NYE went, I've had more fun at house parties. There were hats, noise makers and streamers passed out at dinner for the party, which was a nice touch. When we went up on deck for the party at 11:30 PM the place was PACKED (think Times Square on steroids). The noise level was so loud you couldn't hear the music or announcements. There were servers going around with trays of champagne, but too few servers for the crowd (in an hours time, we never were able to get a glass of champagne). IMHO, it was a lot of extra money (at least 50% premium over regular rates) to celebrate one night of fun, which to us wasn't all that much fun for us.

Like smarks, I also have a differing opinion. We did a NYE cruise a long time ago (probably around 2002-2003) and were not impressed at all, and it may have changed. The ship WAS decorated nicely (which was fun) but as far as the festivities on NYE went, I've had more fun at house parties. There were hats, noise makers and streamers passed out at dinner for the party, which was a nice touch. When we went up on deck for the party at 11:30 PM the place was PACKED (think Times Square on steroids). The noise level was so loud you couldn't hear the music or announcements. There were servers going around with trays of champagne, but too few servers for the crowd (in an hours time, we never were able to get a glass of champagne). IMHO, it was a lot of extra money (at least 50% premium over regular rates) to celebrate one night of fun, which to us wasn't all that much fun for us.

Sounds like NYE is not for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We left on NYD out of Baltimore on the Pride. We may have missed the party the night before but it was still awesome. The ship was still decorated and they gave us free champagne when we boarded. Actually for the first few hours while boarding was happening, we had several glasses.

It was fun and festive and the whole cruise had a different feel. Because it was NYD the price was not any higher than other weeks. :)

YES!!!!!!!

We were on Princess for a New Years Cruise. We were on the Crown.

Best time ever.

Yes. crowds.

Children were limited to 600...included the little ones and teens. All well behaved.

We won the Jepardize Trivia Contest on New Year's Eve. I will remember it and the group we played with forever.

We also took a Christmas Cruise on Carnival Sunshine. Great cruise Great staff. but kept thinking we should be at home for Christmas. NY EVE...........just party time. And we are basically non drinkers. But we were up blowing our horns.

DO IT if you afford it. at least once.

Just be aware that Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years and Spring Break are the highest priced cruises. You'll pay substantially more during those times.

Disagree politely. SUMMER is the most expensive time for family cruises. Spring Break varies in many states. You can catch a break if it is not the Easter Week or after. But Summer.........................the prices go insane. But we at are stuck with them if we want the grandchild along, and we do.