Boxed Wine for Two

new_cruiser_75

I have seen it posted here (with quotes from the Carnival site) that couples can now bring aboard a boxed wine that is the equivalent of 2 bottles of wine. What if my partner and I aren't boarding at the same time? Think I could bring the 1.5L box aboard and have it waiting for my roommate to arrive? Has anyone tried this? (If it make a difference, or you're just interested, we will be on the Glory out of Miami this December)

Thanks for your help :)

That being said ..... my Mom brought box wine onboard on our November 2016 cruise. It was in her luggage when she unpacked, they Could have just missed it, but I'd just stick to what's allowed. Which is what she did (2 bottles) for our Feb 2017 cruise. :)

Sorry, box wine is not allowed.

Are you saying it's not listed as allowed or are you saying you've actually been denied bringing it aboard? If so, which port?

@new_cruiser_75 - nothing in the policy talks about boxes, it only talks about bottles. So, you'll be taking a risk bringing boxed wine even if you were together. That said, we've taken boxed wine a few times with no issues. Usually three 500ml boxes though a couple times we've taken a pair of 1L boxes. Never tried boarding separately though. I'd not have much confidence in bringing two 750ml bottles solo either.

Assume for a second that it *IS* allowed. Which is not a concrete fact, the policy states *BOTTLES*. Also, whether others have been successful or not is not applicable to this discussion.

You would have to board together in order for them to validate that the 1.5 L is for the both of you. Otherwise you will be considered over the limit and it will be confiscated.

Yes you can bring a 1.5 liter of box wine in your carry-on!

Q. Can I bring on board a box of wine or wine coolers?

A. A 1.5 liter box of wine is permitted as long as it is brought on board between two adult guests in the same staterroom. Wine Coolers are permitted as long as the label reads 'Wine' and they do not exceed the limit.

LIQUOR AND BEVERAGE POLICY Q&A

A. A 1.5 liter box of wine is permitted as long as it is brought on board between two adult guests in the same staterroom. Wine Coolers are permitted as long as the label reads 'Wine' and they do not exceed the limit.

I couldn't find by navigating the website, but did a web search and, sure enough! It's there. Well, I've been wrong before and I will be wrong again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow!! This is fabulous! Now I don't have to worry about bringing a corkscrew or having the bottles break in my luggage!! Thank you for this post!!

I have seen it posted here (with quotes from the Carnival site) that couples can now bring aboard a boxed wine that is the equivalent of 2 bottles of wine. What if my partner and I aren't boarding at the same time? Think I could bring the 1.5L box aboard and have it waiting for my roommate to arrive? Has anyone tried this? (If it make a difference, or you're just interested, we will be on the Glory out of Miami this December)

Thanks for your help :)

The only way to get away with this is to have separate boarding times from different cabins

Wow!! This is fabulous! Now I don't have to worry about bringing a corkscrew or having the bottles break in my luggage!! Thank you for this post!!

Glad to help out a fellow Alabamian! We're from Alabaster :)

You also don't need a corkscrew if you buy a bottle that doesn't have a cork...like barefoot pink moscato.

• 11 months later...